Explorist 200

Buswrench

Help?? So I waited a year and checked around and read stuff and decided on the Explorist 200 for mostly the screen size and cost. Seemed practical to me and map is OK but not essential. BUT!!! How do I use the darned thing to find a cach? It seems I can only enter a waypoint if I am standing on its coor. I thought I would enter the coordinates and it would point me the right way.

I have a cach coor. and I know its very close. Its almost the same as my house. but I can't enter coor. into it.

I figured out how to operate it but not how to use it...any input will be greatly appreciated.

John........... :ph34r:

:rolleyes: Thanks all for the info. Just like other Magellans was correct. I followed the instruction from the forum here and it worked .Funny how those instructons are not in the manual. I tested it out and would have found my first cach except for the mosquitos. I will return to complete it after getting some repellant.

This Explorist seems to be a good working unit. Worked in the car, in thick trees and updated quickly as long as I was moving. Just making mistakes with the compass. Something else to learn now.

>" most magellans have the Manuel built into the GPS"<

That is the case here but I am curious as to no mention of that particular function. Maybe just a mistake on the person who prepared the instructions or not even aware of it at all BUT it worked and I'm happy with the results :o

Thanks...