Newbi Help Please

Can someone help please i am using a Garmin Etrex and i am new at caching.

I have been used to using my gps with a ordanance survey map with the units set accordingl.But i see all cache's are using N & W co-ordinates.Is there a way to input N & W co-ordinates straight into my gps without having to use a map and work out milage and a brg angle.

hope this makes sense.

thanks

Richard. :D

Hi richp, welcome to Geocaching.

Just a suggestion but if you can get along to GCJV8T Dreaming Spires event cache tomorrow you'll find loads of cachers all willing to advise/help you. If you can make it to the venue look out for Chester the German Shepherd who will have his Phillimore Clan with him!

Hopefully we'll see you there.

It's not 100% intuitive. You go the the page with 'mark' in the menu. Press the enter button. This marks your current location (or if indoors the last fix that it had) you can then scroll up to the name (probably says 001 or similar) press enter and change the name. Click OK to return to details.

You can now scroll down to the co-ords and press enter to edit these.

Editing the numbers is a bit of a pain as you have to move across, press enter, scroll, enter again and again.

I bought a serial cable from e-bay, about £10 and then use a program such as GSAK click here or easygps to type the co-ords in on a computer and upload them.

The software is free and easy to use.