How Many Smileys I've Given To Others

lowracer

I would really like to see in addition to my smiley count and hidey count, a count of how many smileys have been posted to my caches.

How many smileys did other people get because of me. How much joy am I responsible for. I'd like to be able to see that at a glance. Right now I have to go to each cache page (all 63 of them) and count.

Thanks,

-mark.

Edited by lowracer

Well I'd assume that if someone went to the trouble of posting a smiley they either:

1) Wanted the smiley enough to log it as a find

2) Enjoyed it and wanted to let me know

3) Didn't enjoy it but grudgingly posted the smiley anyway since they went to the trouble to find it

4) Cheated to boost their smiley count and didn't actually find it

5) Logged on by mistake and randomly hit mouse buttons and keys until a smiley was posted accidentally

6) Were a newbie that meant to just write a note instead but didn't know how to select 'write note'

I read every post every finder makes to any of my caches. I can safely say that when they post a smiley they are enjoying it. I don't plant lame caches. So I want this stat. If you plant lame caches you can ask for a different kind of stat, thats your choice. This is the one I want. How much joy am I responsible for in this sport.

Yeah sure, but if that kind of a feature is implemented, everyone would start competing to be the smiley kings or queens of GC.com, and eventually it would ruin the sport because people would complain here in the forums that others have used more or less smileys than needed to boost up their smiley count and there would be topic after a topic about the heinous smiley cheaters, who probably are against human being's DNA-based right to pack heat too, because after all, it's not about the smiley numbers, but having fun with the family in the great outdoors and having some real life smileys on their happy faces there instead of being a liar, Kool-Aid drinker and a mindless drone who has freneticly to follow that Dan Miller's popular outside-gc.com-webpage of GeoSmiley Stat, which makes people up their smiley stats without leaving other, less competive and pure hearted people a possibility to opt out from that kind of nefarious competion-beased leaderboard, which, besides all the other ill sucks up the GC.com bandwidth.

Otherwise...pretty neat idea! :laughing:

Edit: Punctuation.

Edited by Divine

Actually that's an interesting thought. Not so sure it should be displayed publicly on GC.com or anywhere else, but the idea did make me go back to my cache pages and count the number of smileys and frowns on the caches I own. Both counts were a lot higher than I had expected.

Of course, now I have a bunch of data that I have no practical use for but don't want to throw away. Thanks. :huh:

Edited by Team PerkyPerks
6) Were a newbie that meant to just write a note instead but didn't know how to select 'write note'

It can't be that one. Newbies have a greater tendency to submit a new cache with the same name, same coords, and a description that says, "This was my first cache! My dog and I found this one just a few blocks from home. I'm hooked!" :D