Download Waypoints

Download the "GPX" file instead.....you can still open them with EasyGPS, and they are automatically saved as the GCxxxx name by default.

The other thing you can do is to "copy" the cache name to the clipboard and when saving either the "loc" file or the "gpx" file, just "paste" the name of the cache in as the filename.

I have personally been using the "gpx" files lately as they include more information when viewed with GPX Watcher, such as the last 5 logs, TB status, Terrain, Difficulty, Owner's name, etc.

Hope this helps,

JayBee

I have been using EasyGPS also - after downloading several new cache locations, how can I merge them all into a single file along with the existing file I already have ? I usually first download from the GPS in case I hav some manually entered locations, then I want to create a new "master" file that has the recently downloaded files + the one just grabbed from the GPS. Then, with this new single "master" file - upload it back to the GPS.

Is this the process you use with EasyGPS - or do you keep different "masters" for some reason, and not combine them into a single file ?

Somethings else I thought of - is there any way to download a group of waypoints, or is the only way to visit each cache page, and then download that single file, and then combine them in EasyGPS. It would be nice to have the capability to display a list of caches in a given area, and then download all the waypoints - with say a limit of some number....

I have been using EasyGPS also - after downloading several new cache locations, how can I merge them all into a single file along with the existing file I already have ? I usually first download from the GPS in case I hav some manually entered locations, then I want to create a new "master" file that has the recently downloaded files + the one just grabbed from the GPS. Then, with this new single "master" file - upload it back to the GPS.

Is this the process you use with EasyGPS - or do you keep different "masters" for some reason, and not combine them into a single file ?

EasyMPS (link) and GPSBabel (link) will merge LOC files for you.

GPSBabel is very powerful and wil ldo lots of conversions from one type to another, whereas EasyMPS is aimed at GPX, LOC and Garmin Mapsource MPS/GDB files. EasyMPS is also easier to use if you're less familiar with command-line driven programs.

Easiest way to combine multiple files in EasyGPS is to open all the files you want to merge, then click on Window, then Tile. This will display all of your opened files in tiled windows. Now simply highlight and "drag" the waypoints from one file to another. Make sure you click on your final file and Save before you close it out.

As for downloading more than one cache waypoint at a time, from the "search for caches" page listing the 20 nearest caches, check the boxes on the right side of the page for all the caches you want to download. Then go to the bottom of the page and click "download waypoints".

And just before the final step in downloading, either with a single waypoint (from the cache page) or multiple waypoints (from the search page), you can rename the file that you are about to download.

Edited by 4x4van