Getting a multi-stage cache approved

Turtle3863

There seams to be a new rule that all the cords for a multi-stage cache be provided in order to get it approved. Is there a way that I can provide all the cords on the 1st report, or do I have to wait till it is archived in order to contact the administrator to give them all the cords. In my area we have several different administrators.

When I did the form for my one-and-only easy multi, I added some "FOR ADMIN EYES ONLY" info on the page, and my approver removed only that specific info after he determined that my multi met with the rules.

That way, he had the extra info he needed without having to ask me for details, and then I didn't have to divulge my "secrets" to the caching public .

Worked great for me!

Originally posted by DustyJacket:

I've heard of folks including information for the approvers inside brackets, and with a note for the information to be removed upon approving.

like:

[For approvers only, please remove: ............]

Thanks, I thought about doing that, I just wanted to see what everyone else was doing.

quote:
Originally posted by DustyJacket:

I've heard of folks including information for the approvers inside brackets, and with a note for the information to be removed upon approving.

like:

[For approvers only, please remove: ............]

This is an excellent way to get the approvers the info we need. It allows us to review the cache much quicker.

Just to clarify my feelings on the multi cache locations. If the starting point was in a cache rich area, with other multi caches, I'd want to check the final coords. I had one that I asked for final coords from the new cache placer and from the owner of an existing cache to make sure they wouldn't be on top of each other. If it was out in the middle of nowhere I might not ask, it depends on the area.

TMJ--Admin.

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware in this bush.

There are times that I can see that it's the only cache in an area, and I may ask "Are all of the stages in one park?"

If the multi is surrounded by a lot of caches, approvers may ask for points to make sure that the steps don't crowd already existing caches.

Providing info like this on the description with instructions to remove it - that's great! You could also include it on a "note" to the page, and the admin will delete the note.