National Recreation And Parks Assoc.

Just saw this posted to our local group and thought it should be posted here as well. Is anyone planning on attending to support Sherri and help promote our RASH at this event?

kimmyroo wrote:

I just thought that I would pass on some information to you.  I was

thinking about attending the National Recreation and Parks

Association's national conference in Reno in October.  To my surprise

and delight there is a session called "Let's go Geocaching" on Tuesday

October 12 from 2:15-3:30.  Sheri Endsley the District Superintendent,

City of Fort Worth Parks and Community Services Department is the

speaker.  I just thought this was some exciting news that I would

share if anyone was not aware of it.

I'll reply to my own thread rather than edit the original post. Yes, of course I meant to say "promote Geocaching". So if the other individual who thinks RASH is an amusing acronym would please refrain from agreeing with me on that issue and then derailing this thread I would appreciate it.

Thank you Harrald for the rare, non-pithy comment in the forums. :unsure:

Trying not to derail the topic but... I wonder if this group is associated with state-level Parks and Recreation associations. I am scheduled to speak about geocaching at the Wisconsin Parks and Recreation Association (WPRA) annual conference on Nov. 4.

Hello,

In answer to your question about the association.

The state parks and recreation agencies are affilitated with the national branch. In the memberships are seperate though. to learn more abotu NRPA or the conference go to hhttp://www.nrpa.org/ And I have offered her my assistance, but have not heard from her yet. ;)

Hello everyone,

Anyway I offered to help Sheri with the session. She knows about the sport from a park administrators point of view. She asked me to help her with the session. Setting up an event cache was mentioned, but as we are both not in Reno except for the conference it may not be very feasable. Does anyone have any ideas that would be helpful? I have tried to contact a couple of the local cachers but have not heard from them. Thanks.