What Do You Wear?

Brandis

I usually wear jeans , t-shirt (warm weather) and always my military boots for the support and ruggedness . I've done alot of hiking before I started doing this and military boots (not a cheap pair either $100 + and waterproof ) . Been thinking about going with BDU (military) pants .

I find that the shorts keep me cooler and besides, my wife likes the always sexy and incredibly manly/macho "Just-been-mauled-by-an-overly-affectionate-cougar" look.

;):D:D

That's precisely why I would never dream of hiking in shorts. But then I'm a girl-type and I don't like the scratched up look for myself.

I just bought some "Teflon-coated nylon" cargo pants that zip off to shorts. I've been using some Army-style field pants that I found at WalMart discounted to $1.00 because they had some black stuff on the cuffs. They were way too long anyway, so my better half cut them off, rehemmed them, and away I went. For $1, I can get them dirty, torn, or whatever and not cry too long. Most of the time they're covered in grass and dirt from yard work, though, so we'll see how these fancy $15 pants work out. I like being able to wear shorts for those urban micros and stuff, but ain't no way I'm going into the briar patch without my legs covered.