The Amazing Race

Team Virginia Browns

One of our favorite shows is the amazing race. My wife and I want to be on that show and race around the world. But since we have three kids, and are kind of tied down, it does not appear as if it is in our immediate future.

So Amazing race geocache version.

Line up about three to five caches in one day and race from one to the next in kind of a timed trial. Anyone doing this kind of Caching?

Edited by nrune

Snoogans has a series of caches in Mammoth Lakes, CA that has a bonus cache at the end. You get clues to the bonus cache by visiting each cache in the series. The fastest time so far is just under five hours. It sounds pretty grueling, but is close to what you describe.

We attended the GBES Geocache Rally in Fallon, NV. It was a time trial type thing to some checkpoints. Gots points deducted based on how early or late you were to a checkpoint. All the caches along the route were Virtuals though (they were just put up for the event).

There's a travel bug that someone started as a means to apply to be on the amazing race, but other than that, nothing...

It'd be fun, though... Have an event cache in one place and then at a certain time, leave with a list of caches to do and an event cache at the other end that you have to get to by a certain time/date... Of course, you'd have to have the final event be someone's house or some place where someone'd be all the time to wait for the people...

And think of the expense if you get some bizarre cacher who's out for blood.... I could see someone renting a private helicopter and putting a motorcycle in it and flying in as close as they can and then hopping on the bike and going the rest of the way..