Moderation In Moderation

There are plenty of non-geocaching forums out there. For example, any one of you could start a Yahoo group for this same purpose, or host a PHP forum of your own, on a server to have this.  Otherwise, I feel there really is no need for an OT forum, and yeah, I still think the thread was appropriately closed (wanting to stay on topic at least a little)

Good point.

If a OT forum is needed why doesn't someone talk to the admins. Setup a Yahoo forum and get it linked here like Clay's chat is.

Thorin

Then everyone has to open a new account, check another site everyday, etc... That experiment was tried already (Woodsters) and it failed.

Then an OT forum obviously isn't needed that badly is it? If it was people would have made an effort to make it work.

OMG another account? WoW <_< And they would be checking another site because (I guess you missed this part) it would be linked from here (hence it'd be just like entering any other forum here....click).

Thorin

Edit: Revised wording to make everyone happier........

Edited by thorin
There are plenty of non-geocaching forums out there. For example, any one of you could start a Yahoo group for this same purpose, or host a PHP forum of your own, on a server to have this.  Otherwise, I feel there really is no need for an OT forum, and yeah, I still think the thread was appropriately closed (wanting to stay on topic at least a little)

Good point.

If a OT forum is needed why doesn't someone talk to the admins. Setup a Yahoo forum and get it linked here like Clay's chat is.

Thorin

Then everyone has to open a new account, check another site everyday, etc... That experiment was tried already (Woodsters) and it failed.

Then an OT forum obviously isn't needed that badly is it? If it was people would have made an effort to make it work.

OMG another account? Holy (cow) <_< And they would be checking another site because (I guess you missed this part) it would be linked from here (hence it'd be just like entering any other forum here....click).

Thorin

Why should we have to go to the trouble just because you don't like one thread?

edited offensive word in quote box

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

It just seems like, "If I don't get what I want, then you shouldn't get what you want either." If that's it, I question the maturity level involved. Someone with more experience told me that "Abject Silliness" is done in many forums as a sort of "crowd control" or whatever you need to call it....a place for a few to interact....and I read in one of the threads today that 15 people do almost all of the posting in AS. You can draw your own conclusions, but if TPTB have historically allowed AS it should probably continue...but don't attack it in order to find some footing. That's back to "If I don't get what I want..."

Good point.

Thorin

OMG another account? Wow :o And they would be checking another site because (I guess you missed this part) it would be linked from here (hence it'd be just like entering any other forum here....click).

Thorin

Edit: Revised wording to make everyone happier........

Why should we have to go to the trouble just because you don't like one thread?

edited offensive word in quote box

No one has asked YOU to go to any trouble. I couldn't care less if there was an OT forum. I'm simply put this forward as a solution for those who do feel we should have one. It's not as if everyone here would require another account, only those who chose to use the OT forum. It's not as if setting up another account and remembering another password is rocket science. 95% of the people here likely use the same password for almost every account they have anyway, use bogus information for their online forum registrations, and use autologin.

Thorin

Edited by thorin
From the opening statement of this thread.
The thread should only be closed when it has no redeeming value based on its topic (due to digression or being begun in an off-topic nature).

Lets not Digress shall we?

Ok, it seems like digression is the way this thread is insisting on going. Therefore per guidance from the OP I am closing this thread.

Thank you.