Custom Geocaching Pack That I Made

The pack I made to carry our GPS gear, using some black fabric, some blue wash fabric from my pants (in one of the pictures!) and leftover blue flame fabric from my boyfriend's pillowcases. It's made to carry pens, candy (for munching on the trail), and trinkets for leaving in caches (like the LED lights and the green rubber shark in there now). The monitoring and tracking unit is my boyfriend's PDA, in the plush lined pocket, and the reciever is the round thing in the pocket on the strap. The button on it is blue, the flash just washed it out to make it look white.

cachepack1.jpg

cachepack2.jpg

cachepack3.jpg

cachepack4.jpg

cachepack5.jpg

cachepack6.jpg

And here I am, the ultimate dork, complete with velcro letter "Geocache" shirt. Note the cameo by my kitten December! Just showing how the pack is worn, and where the GPS reciever rides while we're out.

The shirt is a plain black shirt that I ironed on a soft fuzzy patch onto, and then I attached the letters that are each a piece of velcro with a letter on it. I got the shirt lettering kit at my local Joann fabrics for $4 on clearance. I love my letter shirt, it rarely says the same thing for more than an hour or two when I'm wearing it.

cachedork.jpg

Also, a cache that I'll be placing tomorrow -

This is the "Under a Blue Moon" cache. Some blue feathers, jingle bells with blue pipe cleaners, blue beads, blue strings, and other blue stuff. A massive amount of blue stickers on the blue log book!

bluecache.jpg

That's alot of blue.

Yo listen up here's a little story about a little guy

that lives in the blue world,

and all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue,

like him inside and outside.

Blue his house with a blue little window,

and a blue corvette and everything is blue for him, and his self,

and everybody around 'cause he ain't got nobody to listen

Thorin

Eventually I want to do all of the colors in their own themed caches, I went with blue first because I had a bunch of blue beads out in front of me at the time.

Got any clever ideas for the names of other color themed caches? Thinking the basic colors - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Might do a "monochrome" cache later, to be extra gothy. :bad:

You're very creative! I like the pack! Wish I had the skills to make things like that myself.

I also love the tshirt! I think I could whip myself up something like that.

Themed caches are great! Good idea on the color themes!

Just remember, don't put that candy in a cache. No food or smelly stuff are allowed in caches.

Eventually I want to do all of the colors in their own themed caches, I went with blue first because I had a bunch of blue beads out in front of me at the time.

Got any clever ideas for the names of other color themed caches?  Thinking the basic colors - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.  Might do a "monochrome" cache later, to be extra gothy. B)

Yes, a color theme is neat...these are several from our area (though with the rains and such, many are disabled at the moment) and they all require like colored trade items:

Red

Orange

Yellow

Green

Blue

BTW, this post isn't meant to discourage you from using the idea. And yes, they were placed in rainbow order....

P.S. Staying on topic, your pack is pretty cool....when are you opening your custom Geocaching outfitters store??? :D

PandyBat: A definite "no" on me placing my candy in caches. Not only would it get all melty and gross around here in the PNW, but I don't wanna share! :D

Bilder: I haven't tried caching barefoot, I can't say I'm too fond of stepping on slimy or pointy things without shoes between them and I.

Tirediron: I'm not sure I have enough fabric to produce a few thousand extra packs! This one pack already ate up two needles from my sewing machine already!

Team PerkyPerks: I can't compete with style like that.

KoosKoos: I'm not suprised that someone else already had this idea, and their cache pages look a lot nicer than mine. I hope the rains let up down there in TX so you all can get back to caching, it's a huge bummer that the weather is so bad down there right now. Also, I may end up making a few more packs like this just to see if anyone would buy them, although I'm not sure what kind of features people would want in their own packs.