Is There An Faq For Easygps?

Thot

Has anybody created an FAQ for EasyGPS?

I see people asking questions about using it and I have more questions.

Question

Can I edit waypoints -- name, description, coordinates, etc. If so , how?

Question

How do I combine downloaded files, or add a downloaded list to my existing waypoint list?

Question

Can I send only one waypoint from a large list to the GPS without deleting all the other points?

Question

Can I use it to delete waypoints? How?

Edited by catch_22

Hey catch,

go to the following link: http://www.easygps.com/help/index.html

Alot of the info is listed there. I have looked through adn found what you might be looking for in your original questions.

1. editing waypoint: go to the easy gps dialogs section then edit waypoint dialog sub section.

3. can I send only one waypoint: yes you can send only one waypoint to be added to the waypoints on the gps (at least on my 60cs it works)

4. can I use it to delete waypoints: go to the Using "EasyGPS with your GPS receiver" section, "Clearing your GPS memory" subsection.

hope this helps

MH

Question

Can I edit waypoints -- name, description, coordinates, etc. If so , how?

Question

Can I send only one waypoint from a large list to the GPS without deleting all the other points?

Edit Waypoint: Right click on waypoint, select "Edit Waypoint..." from menu.

Send Waypoint: Right click on waypoint, select "Send Waypoint to GPS" from menu.

You can also do these functions on multiple waypoints. Left click on one wp, Ctrl-left click on each addtional wp. Then right click on any selected wp and proceed as above.

Thanks. The right click menu is very helpful.

That seems to answer all my questions, except deleting a specific waypoint from the GPS unit. I'm assuming it cannot do this.

Now that I see how to do all these things it's very useful. :(

I guess if I found his wish list I'd suggest adding the ability to combine files by importing/merging a different file into an existing file. And, of course, the ability to delete individual waypoints just as it can add them.

Thanks again very much for the help. Once you know how it seems a little emparrasing I couldn't figure it out. Oh well . . . .

That seems to answer all my questions, except deleting a specific waypoint from the GPS unit. I'm assuming it cannot do this.

On your gps, select the waypoint you want, to delete it, on garmin's at the bottom of the screen is a word [delete] select it. You are then asked to confirm [delete a waypoint], seletc yes. Your done deleting only that waypoint. I can't help on other gpsr's, but if you have the manual, it should be in there. Just don't delete me <_< Sf1

That seems to answer all my questions, except deleting a specific waypoint from the GPS unit.  I'm assuming it cannot do this. 

On your gps, select the waypoint you want, to delete it . . .

Thanks.

Yes, I understood how to delete them with the GPS unit. The way I'm doing this it would be convenient to delete multiple points using the software.

At this time the only way to delete multiple waypoints is to upload them to a new EasyGps file, then delete them from your GPSr and edit them in the newly created file. Then upload them back to the GPSr. I know its a long procedure, so it is only useful when deleting more than just a few. I suppose this is only helpful if your GPSr has a "Delete All Waypoints" feature.

I have never found a way to combine one file with another, so I do the same thing. I upload each file to my GPS and then create a new file in EasyGps, then I download them all to the new file. Again, Long...But useful :bad:

Kar

Edited by Team Shibby