Pocket Pc Questions

I have various questions which have been bugging me for a while. I run an iPAQ H2210 with TomTom3, GPXSonar and Fugawi software.

Is there a way to finding out the remaining space left of the SD Card, apart from removing it and putting it in a card reader? Active Sync explorer and File Explorer on the PDA don't seem to have this option.

On a couple of occassions I have lost the installed programs because, presumably, the battery went flat. I try to keep it topped up whenever I can and was a bit suprised how easily this happened. It seemed to be when I had the unit switched off so can only assume it takes a bit from the battery while switched off. Unless something just 'glitched' it? Because of this, is there a way of backing up installed applications to the SD Card?

On the Fugawi software running on the PDA, is there a way of importing waypoints like on the PC version?

I don't know if these questions have obvious answers, any comments gratefully received!

I've got a 3950 & 4150 so these answers refer to those but I suspect yours will be similar.

To find the memory on the SD card go to Settings->Memory and click the Storage card tag at the bottom. This will show the total and remaining memory on the card

To back up your iPAQ go to Programs and select iPAQ Backup. You can then backup your whole machine to the SD card. Once backed up you can then put the card in a reader and copy the backup file to the PC and free up the space again.

Don't know about Fugawi as I use Memory Map and you can certainly export waypoints, tracks etc from the PC

One final suggestion - don't squash the iPAQ. They don't like it !!! :tongue::unsure::unsure:

852775ac-9d99-4fce-a0ca-75730dcdae48.jpg

Thanks for the replies, all seems so obvious when it's pointed out. I did see the backup facility but hadn't realised it would back up installed programs, I just assumed it would only backup user data. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the backup only occupied around 11 megs which is hardly any space at all on my 256 meg SD card.

Hornet, I hope I never see my PDA looking like the one in that photo, that is a really depressing sight!

Thanks for the pointer to that utility, Bugz n Elm'r, I've downloaded it and it works a treat.