Look At Them Jeeps Go!

CYBret

I placed my first Yellow Jeep TB in my Naaastiest Cache yesterday around 11:30 am. The humidity was high, the weeds were taller than my head and there are NO TRAILS at all in this place. The cache has had 2 finds and 3 known attempts (and yet there are 5 people watching it. Hmmmmmm). I thought for sure the bug would survive the weekend.

I didn't get to log it into the cache until about 1:00 pm. Then, last night around 5:00 pm my cellphone rang. It was RiverExplorer saying, "Hey Bret, your Jeep looks good hanging from my rear-view mirror!"

Placed at 11:30....the email notification of a Yellow Jeep in the area went out at 1:00 pm...and it was found by 5:00 pm. But I can't imagine that's a record.

How fast are yours going?

:D The problem I am seeing is that lots of people are picking them up and keeping them. I have seen only 3 or 4 in my area and only one is still moving, and that on has become the guys personal jeep. He has moved it from cache to cache but says he is not giving it up. I thought the idea was to keep it moving so everyone could have a try at finding one.

There were about 15 of them "released" at an event cache very near my home (which I had to miss, dagnabbit). Since then, I've only seen one or two logged into caches anywhere nearby when I check periodically.

I thought a good thing to do with these Jeeps would be to place them in those caches that are hard to get to, challanging, or simply rarely visited for whatever reason. I have found a few of these out in the sticks of eastern NC that really need some visitors due to their location in the middle of nowhere. But the Jeeps seem too much of a hot commodity right now for anyone but the lucky or the fast to find them.

YodaDoe

Raleigh, NC

Edited by YodaDoe
:blink: Someone in my area has been holding A Jeep travelbug for almost 30 days!!! Whats up? Give someone else a chance. Same person has at least 3 other regular tbugs that (they will release at the same catch sometime this summer).Come on give us all a break. Release captive bugs!!!!!