Two Yjtbs With Same Tracking #

Road2Ruin

A few days ago I grabbed a YJTB from a cache near me here in CA. Yesterday it was grabbed from me by someone in PA. I thought the cacher grabbing it from me entered a typo when logging their jeep, but that does not seem to be the case. It seems that two jeeps have a tag bearing the same number. One of us needs a new tag or a replacement jeep. How can we take care of this?

Yellow Jeeps DO NOT have a NUMBER.....the tracking code consists of all LETTERS. There is a small label on the underside of the Jeep with a number, but I'm not aware of it's significance....it does'nt even sync with the Travel Bug Number as in: Jeep 4x4 #0287.

so, maybe they all have the same number on the Jeep itself....maybe a manufacturing code, or something. I'm sure SOMEONE will have an answer for this.

JayBee

The number on the bottom of each Jeep, as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with the tracking number or the number in the name of each bug. Mine have all been different.

When I saw my first handful of Jeeps, my concern was that I couldn't tell if the "O" in the tracking number was a letter 'oh' or a number 'zero.' As it turned out, all of my tracking numbers have had zeros in them. At least, I think so. The zeros don't appear to have slashes through them, and they look a lot like letters..

In short, you might check (if you can figure out how) on whether there may be some confusion between "O" and "0." You might try looking up your tracking numbers both ways, so that you can tell if that's a potential cause of a "duplicate."

Yellow Jeeps DO NOT have a NUMBER.....the tracking code consists of all LETTERS. There is a small label on the underside of the Jeep with a number, but I'm not aware of it's significance....it does'nt even sync with the Travel Bug Number as in: Jeep 4x4 #0287.

so, maybe they all have the same number on the Jeep itself....maybe a manufacturing code, or something. I'm sure SOMEONE will have an answer for this.

JayBee

No, that's incorrect. I got 4 YJTB's to place in caches in my area. Some of the tags are all letters and some have letters plus one or two numbers on the tag. The ones in Colorado are like this, I don't know about ones shipped elsewhere though! :)

The 5-digit number on the bottom of the Jeep has nothing to do with the 6-digit travel bug tag. The folks at Groundspeak received boxes of jeeps and boxes of tags. The grabbed one of each, combined them, and put them in a box. They didn't sort through the boxes to find matching tags.

AFAIK, the 5-digit number has nothing to do with the promotion, it only tells you what order the Jeeps were manufactured in.

Also, you don't actually need to be holding a bug in order to submit your story or picture. You can do it anytime after you dropp the bug off in another cache.

The 5-digit number on the bottom of the Jeep has nothing to do with the 6-digit travel bug tag. The folks at Groundspeak received boxes of jeeps and boxes of tags. The grabbed one of each, combined them, and put them in a box. They didn't sort through the boxes to find matching tags.

That clears up the confusion I had when trying to log my YJTB, I was looking at the number on the bottom of the jeep and trying to match it up with ones listed on the cache page and it was not listed! I finally had to enter the TB tag # on the Jeep page and it gave me the proper YJ# to log it with.

I imagine I am not the only one who will be confused by this when there are alot of YJTB's on a cache page, such as an event cache that has lots of them listed.

Kar of TS!!

Edited by Team Shibby