Garmin Dealer In San Antonio

I'm taking the family to Sea World in San Antonio, Texas at the end of July. Was really wanting to handle a Garmin 60cs and a 76cs. Anyone know of a good dealer with plenty of hand and eye-candy in San Antonio?

I've done the "find a dealer" thing at Garmin.com, but that thing doesn't always tell the truth. I've found "dealers" that haven't heard of Garmin. Want to be sure before I take my wife and kids on a useless drive through the big city.

Any help would be appreciated. (The closer to Sea World, the better.)

Thank you.

You might try contacting Garmin direct for a list f there dearlers they do have aweb site

garmin.com

<snip>

I've done the "find a dealer" thing at Garmin.com, but that thing doesn't always tell the truth. I've found "dealers" that haven't heard of Garmin. Want to be sure before I take my wife and kids on a useless drive through the big city.

Ok, what exactly did you not see before your very enlightening reply? I think they are aware of the Garmin website, but as stated above, the "store locators" do not always show all the dealers in an area.

There is a Sports Authority at W Military Dr and I-410. It is only about 5 miles (about 10 minutes) away from Sea World. It is probably the closest place to Sea World you should be able to get a little "hands-on" experience. From Sea World, take 151 south to I-410. As you are approaching 410, stay in the left lane. Go under 410, turn left onto the frontage/access road and stay in the center lane. Go through the next intersection and get on the highway. About a mile down, probably not even that far, is Military Dr. Turn left on Military and go back under 410. Sports Authority will then be on the right. If you are staying somewhere else other than the immediate Sea World area, email me where you are staying and I will get you other directions.

AJ

P.S. Other's have noted Wal-Marts. There is one at the 151 & 410 interchange if that is the route you want to go. Good luck getting hands on there though, let alone them having something like the models you are looking for. There is also a Best Buy near Ingram Park Mall which is another 3 miles or so up 410 from Sports Authority. Don't know what they carry or what service you will get from them, though.

edit: to add P.S.

Edited by GeoGeorge

I live in Australia and visit the USA a lot.

I have used

http://www.gpsdiscount.com/

I found them very helpful. They accept overseas credit cards with no problem and will send to an address that is not the billing address. I phoned first to see if there were any restrictions on overseas cards.

Also with GPS Discount.com you can have your parcel sent to a FEDEX office - they have "hold at location"- but beware they will only hold the parcel for 5 days.

http://fedex.com/us/services/expres...rvopt/hold.html

Also if you buy in Texas you will pay their State Tax - if you buy from GPS discount you don't pay state tax.

I have also used GPS City and had no problems. www.gpscity.com

I phoned first to see if they had any special requirements. They said they required the faxed credit card details which I faxed before I ordered on the net.

You might try contacting Garmin direct for a list f there dearlers they do have aweb site

garmin.com

<snip>

Ok, what exactly did you not see before your very enlightening reply? I think they are aware of the Garmin website, but as stated above, the "store locators" do not always show all the dealers in an area.

#1 You look for the dealer list on the Garmin website, or call garmns 800 number and ask.

#2 You call the dealer and ask what Garmin GPSr do they have in stock before you drive accross town.

#3 If they say they have never heard of Garmin ask for the manager ( You might be dealing witha new hire )

#4 They may be a new dearler an their stock has not arrived

#5 They may be a former dealer, lot of chains stores got into GPS years ago but could not sell so they droped it.

San Antonio Dealer:

http://www.gpstools.com/product/gps/gps.html

60CS = $499 + tax (in stock) + free shipping

http://www.gpsdiscount.com/products/index.html?p=771

60CS=$412.05 (in stock)+ free shipping

http://www.gpscity.com/gps/brados/65130.2....54957/60cs.html

60CS=$414.95 (in stock)+ free shipping

I found around the Pasadena area that REI,Walmart and Target were all dealers but only sold Etrex and Forerunner.