Newbie To The Tacoma Area

The Grometeers

Welcome to Pierce County Caching...Home of TravisL, KFam, Phatboyz, GeoDiver & Team Noltex...Plus lots of other really fun people!

You should also know that Pierce County holds the record for most wins (2) in the ever popular Puget Sound Hot Potato game. :lol:

Welcome to Pierce County Caching...Home of TravisL, KFam, Phatboyz, GeoDiver & Team Noltex...Plus lots of other really fun people!

You should also know that Pierce County holds the record for most wins (2) in the ever popular Puget Sound Hot Potato game. :lol:

Since the very first one had teams divided by I-90, I hardly think Pierce County can claim that as a victory. The Kingons will have to concede the game that was shortened due to rules not keeping up with the players, but we did take the last one. :lol:

You should also know that Pierce County holds the record for most wins (2) in the ever popular Puget Sound Hot Potato game.  :lol:

Since the very first one had teams divided by I-90, I hardly think Pierce County can claim that as a victory. The Kingons will have to concede the game that was shortened due to rules not keeping up with the players, but we did take the last one. :lol:

Maybe the next one shouldn't be broken down regionally. How about by found numbers - newbies (under 100? 200?) vs the rest? :lol:

Welcome to Pierce County. I'd have been a UPS grad, if they hadn't sold the law school I was attending to Seattle University in '94.

The biggest drawback to being a Pierce County cacher is that we're about a 60-90 minute drive away from all the big geocaching events taking place in the Bellevue/Redmond/Seattle area.

Currently, you've got 122 caches to hit within 10 miles, and 404 within 20 miles (from Parkland zip code 98444).

You can look forward to such fun caches as The Bloated Festering Head of My First Victim, Somebody Get the Phone! (shameless plug!), www.museumofglass.org, and Galloping Gertie.

You'll be in a good spot to participate in the Gig Harbor/Port Orchard Cache Machine on January 8, 2005, and if you don't mind the drive, to participate in the Tri-Cities cache machine on September 25, 2004 (plug, plug).

You should also know that Pierce County holds the record for most wins (2) in the ever popular Puget Sound Hot Potato game.  B)

Since the very first one had teams divided by I-90, I hardly think Pierce County can claim that as a victory. The Kingons will have to concede the game that was shortened due to rules not keeping up with the players, but we did take the last one. B)

Maybe the next one shouldn't be broken down regionally. How about by found numbers - newbies (under 100? 200?) vs the rest? B)

So I'd still be a newbie eh? B):lol:

We're included in that list of cachers! Oh my gosh. :lol: Flattery will get you everywhere GEM's!

My buddy is a psych prof at UPS but I'm not sure if he'll be there this fall. I've taken him out caching before but I'm not sure if it will help your grade at all. You'd probably be better off trying some obscure microbrew beer. B)

... I'd have been a UPS grad, if they hadn't sold the law school I was attending to Seattle University in '94.

travisl, I think we were in the same class... if my guess is right, we used to discuss tech things on the Mezz now and then. Orbiter Dicta is another cacher from that class - though he and I are nowhere near your league.

Caching in Tacoma? I go there about once a week on business, and try to grab one between appointments. The SPOT series is great for this - there are even a couple near the Spar.

That's awesome Criminal. Can't believe I missed that article.

I'm in the Avionics Backshop, 62 MXS.

That started out as an English 101 essay back when I was still active duty. I have several of them posted on my webpage.

I hope you're taking advantage of that 100% tuition/books thing, they didn't start it until about six months before I retired.

That's awesome Criminal.  Can't believe I missed that article.

I'm in the Avionics Backshop, 62 MXS.

That started out as an English 101 essay back when I was still active duty. I have several of them posted on my webpage.

I hope you're taking advantage of that 100% tuition/books thing, they didn't start it until about six months before I retired.

wish I had that in college! One text cost 260.00!!!!! this was 1989 dollars. It was teh prof's personal text. Needless to say we decided to photocopy the book instead. Texts were easily 60/70 on average for me anyway. Ridiculous.