La-area Caches?

ornryactor

I'll be in the Azusa and Los Angeles areas for five days, as of tomorrow. I've got an two days and another full morning to kill, and I was thinking about doing a few geocaches with my mom (who lives in LA). We'd prefer they be in nice nature areas (as opposed to micros downtown or something), but whatever is good and in the area. I could use a bunch of suggestions to choose from, as well as any other attractions or sights you think are worth seeing. Thanks a ton!

The "hills are alive" in the Azusa area with caches. There's a real nice gated paved road, for hiking or biking, along the west fork of the San Gabriel River. There are 3 caches along there, one being Cache and Release Rainbow. Nice walk, although RT is about 12 miles. One of the most noteable caches in the area is Chamber of Secrets, which is phenomenal. However, this cache is best done with a group of people... they don't have to be geocachers, just strong willed adventurers. For LA area... search around the Burbank zip code... there's some in some nice parks and one at Forest Lawn which is a fun virtual by Dru Morgan. That search should also pick up those in the Griffith Park area. Welcome to LA, and cache on!

Two good ones that I did while in L.A. a year or so ago:

Batman's Bat Cave - just a neat place to see for an old Batman fan. Use Mapquest or some such to find the RIGHT road to get there. The logs are full of folks who came from the wrong direction.

Hollywood Reservoir - still can't believe that this is right in the middle of Hollywood.