Best Laptop Gps Reciever

with so many units on the market its hard to decide which one is best performer vs. options. so lets see what everyone using. looking to buy one that has waas and uses microsoft and macnally software or more. any suggestions. usb only models please.

thanks in advance.

I feel that you should first decide which unit you like best.

Then look for the post('s) for the most user liked hand held devices.

Then the units with the most problems .

Some mapping software looks better than others and have more or less features.

Some work with some products but not others.

Generally they all do the same basic thing and are a bear to lug around unless mounted to the front seat of the car/truck

Why would you want a separate GPS for your laptop? Wouldn't connecting your handheld unit be acceptable? I believe you could get a cable that would connect both and provide power from the car lighter o you don' drain the batteries oin your GPS and actually charge the laptop.

Alan

Rayming TripNav TN 200. Waas capable. can buy it with or without software. Is NMEA compliant, which I think means works with most software. I just got it and know it works with MS Streets and Trips 2002

http://www.rayming.com/products/tripnav_tn200.asp

I got it here for $90 US and $7 shipping. got it fast too:

https://www.gps-america.com/product_RAY-TN200.htm

Edited by dedme@
Why would you want a separate GPS for your laptop? Wouldn't connecting your handheld unit be acceptable?

Because Handheld GPS units communicate over serial connections and many new Laptops are coming only with USB ports? Add in the usb-serial convertors aren't dependable, and you end up wanting a USB gps.........generally means going with a "mouse" unit.

I went with the Delorme Earthmate, but haven't been able to get it to work with anything except the Delorme mapping products......