Activation Code Problem

cache chasers

I have a small problem. I went to activate my TB tonight but I threw away my packaging before I wrote down the activation code. How do I go about getting a new code?

The activation code is a unique code located on the packaging for each Travel Bug. When activated, the Travel Bug will be assigned to your user account. This way you can modify its own personal page.

Enter your activation code below

Email Groundspeak at the contact address and tell them your a mor... um :ph34r: , tossed out the code by mistake. You'll need to provide the serial number for the tags your trying to activate, and maybe something else (i've never done it). Eventally they should send you a reply with the code. However, realize they get lots of emails so it could be DAYs before they get around to actually giving a reply.

Doesn't anybody read FAQ's before asking in the forums? This is the second time TONITE this has been asked..........

From the travel bug FAQ

My activation code was missing/stolen/eaten by a pack of wolves. How do I get a new one?

If this happens, email contact@geocaching.com and reference your Bug's tracking number and the invoice number from the location where you purchased the Travel Bug.

I'm getting sick and tired of some of the replies on this form.

NO I DIDN'T READ THE FAQ...SOME PEOPLE HAVE A REAL LIFE, JOB AND CHILDREN THAT KEEP THEM BUSY. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SIT DOWN AND READ EVERYTHING HERE.....I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EASIERY TO ASK BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG.

Cache:

I don't see a problem with you asking the question here. If someone has a problem with your question it's not like they are forced to answer.

The majority of geocachers will give you a polite and helpful answer.

To avoid this topic going downhill I would suggest that since your question has been answered you may wish to close this thread.

As the moderator of the "Getting Started" forum, permit me to note that the OP started the exact same topic over in that forum. The first two people to respond over here had already answered the same question over there.

If everyone remembers their forum etiquette, I'm sure we can all play nicely together. Thanks.