Issue With Logs (bug?)

KVOM

I just noticed this today.

I had a DNF some time ago and then found it last week. I updated it to "found it" with the second date, as opposed to entering a new log.

The updated log doesn't appear on my cache pages last 30 days list, although it does on the caches-only list.

Looks as if the query looks at the original date rather than the update date.

I'm not sure I know the reason for the problem, but I encounted a similar thing.

I logged a find that I had forgotten about from several months ago. The log shows up on my last-30 days list, even though it's not.

So yes, you are right. It must look at the posting date, and not the date of the log.

But as Brian pointed out, it's generally considered poor etiquette to change a DNF to a find. Preferably, leave the DNF, and then post your find in addition. We all like to keep the history of the cache intact. Two logs are better than one!

Jamie

Well, if I could have logged a DNF soon enough, I would have changed it to just a note, because our DNF was because the cache wasn't there and the owner logged this the same day we tried to look for it. In THAT case, I definitely would have changed a DNF to just a note. We didn't have to change it, though, because we weren't able to log the visit until late in the day.