Garmin 60cs + 2620

If I bought a Garmin 60cs and a 2620 (with the preloaded maps) would I still end up having to buy the map software for my 60cs? Sort of two questions -- does the 2620 come with CD's or is the data transferable off the unit and, if so, is that map data compatible with the 60cs.

GO$Rs

Most of the Mapsource software can be installed on two GPS's, so I think you're ok.

Now I have a question. Does anyone know how to disassociate a GPS with Mapsourse? You see, I had two GPS's assigned, and then one of them broke. So I bought a replacement GPS and would like to load my existing Mapsource into the new one. Anyone? :o

i don't believe the 2620 comes with any software on cd - it is preloaded to the integral cf drive. as a result i'm inclined to believe that the 2620 may NOT give you the ability to load the CN software on a second gps but someone with a 2620 would need to confirm this. this MIGHT (depending on confirmation) be a huge advantage for the 2610 as the software can indeed be loaded to a second gps.

the 60c/cs is definitely compatible with city navigator. no question.

re transferring of license from one gps to another - i do not believe this is possible with the one exception being that if garmin was to repair a unit that had failed and subsequently shipped you a replacement unit then they would be able to help you out - i don't know exactly what they do to make this happen but i have heard from several people that garmin did indeed fix them up.

Just as a side note (but a related one)-- according to the FAQ's on Garmin.com, they are planning to make 2620 software (i.e. map) updates available, although at this time they "aren't able" to say how much it will cost, and the exact method of delivery-- just that updates WILL be available, at some point.

-mig

(really really wanting a 2620 and therefore doing a lot of reading)