Delayed Log Notifications

AB4N

I am trying to be patient, I know the top dogs are working... well, like dogs. If these are growing pains then I think I know what it must be like to give birth :D

Has anyone else been getting log notifications for their caches late? I haven't noticed anyone talking about it, maybe I missed the thread. When people log my caches sometimes I get the email notification days later. Today I got one 9 days after it was logged! I thought it might be my email account, so I changed to a different account but still experiencing the same problem. I will change again if no one else is having this problem.

I have not experienced delays in log e-mail notifications, and I see many each day. I suspect the previous poster may be correct in stating that the delay may be due to backdated log entries. Over the past few weeks there have been times when it has been difficult to access the site without making more than one try, so people may be posting their finds in catch-up mode.

maybe they posted today but with a date from in the past?!?!?

Nope, that is not what I am experiencing.

I can go to the cache page and their log has been posted but I have not gotten the email. Sometimes they come within a few minutes, other times a day or three, and in one case nine days. I have experienced this with two different email accounts through two different ISPs. Currently I am using an email forwarding account, which might be a contributing factor, but I don't think it accounts for all the delay.

i've not had any problems with slow emails. Take a look at the headers of the email, view/options/headers (or something like that) and look at the times that the email went from server to server. You should see the delay in there - but a period of days is very uncommon as normally a mail server would bounce if it couldn't get through in a day or three.

<<SNIP>>

Has anyone else been getting log notifications for their caches late? <<SNIP>>

Nope, I've been getting them within minutes of being posted. Even this weekend when it took me three tries to get a note posted on a cache. The email arrived a minute after I hit the post button and it took.

<<SNIP>>

Has anyone else been getting log notifications for their caches late? <<SNIP>>

Nope, I've been getting them within minutes of being posted. Even this weekend when it took me three tries to get a note posted on a cache. The email arrived a minute after I hit the post button and it took.

No troubles here. They show up minutes after being posted.

I think that I have discovered the main problem. I was finally able to get in touch with someone from my email forwarding account and they admitted that they were the problem. Messages were getting backed up in queue for some reason that I don't understand. Unless they are doing some sort of undisclosed filtering or scanning there shouldn't be any queue backlog that I am aware of!

I was pretty sure that I had seen a much shorter delay when I was using a direct email address, but I am going back to one to see how that goes.

Thanks for the responses!