Premium Member Benefits

west4961

Currently using a SporTrak Map and trying to understand the helpful benefits you get from the premium membership. Is there more information in these gpx files that would fit in the SporTrak unit that would be helpful in search sites?? What else beyond what is published about membership? Your help would be helpful. Thanks :huh:

The information in the GPX files includes that last five logs, hints, descreption and ratings. Basically anything that is on the web page. I don't know if the SportTrak will let you put them on the unit but there are many PDA programs and PC programs that will let you view the files offline. Personally I use Watcher on my PC and Cachemate on my Palm Zire.

There are also other benifits. The ability to download up to 500 caches filtered however you want them is very cool.

Lastly 3.00 per month is a very small price to pay to help support the site. Maybe if more folks would become premium members Groundspeak could afford to upgrade the servers at a faster rate.

:( What Webscouter said! IMHO, the main benefit is the Pocket Queries as already mentioned, followed closely by a way (a very inexpensive way) to support GC.com. There are a few other benefits like Member's only 'caches and being able to put your own title under your avatar, but they are pretty inconsequential. The $3.00/month for your subscription to GC.com and $7.00 to Smittyware for Cachemate will make your paperless 'caching experience that much better! :huh:

i started paying dues long before i found any of the premium benefits to be useful. the single best benefit i can think of is that i help support a site that gives me so much enjoyment. i can hold my head up when i log in.

i also leave good cache stuff when i can. sometimes i leave good stuff that i don't log. nice little mystery surprise for someone. and i sleep better nights.

I became a member more to support the site that for the member benefits. I used to download the waypoints but I still just find it easier to punch the numbers in manually while I'm waiting for the page to print. I figured with all the work those people do to keep this site and sport going, $3 a month is small change.