Midlands Meet?

MarcB

This is nothing definate at all, just a rough count of people who would be interested in meeting up at a pub somewhere around Stafford way in the afternoon of Monday, 3rd of May (Bank Holiday).

Please let me know below if you are interested and I'll see if it's possible to arrange something... :D

MarcB :P

Edited by MarcB

I was disappointed that I don't qualify for Jim Stabler's bash because, although I do most of my walking/caching in Shropshire, I live across the border in West Mids.

I was going to set something up myself but you beat me to it. I'd love to come.

Thanks,

Aisledog

Nice meeting up with the midlands cachers at the NW meet!! ;)

Will try to make this meet but the words....

M6 and

BANK HOLIDAY

just don't seem to belong in the same sentence!! :D:D

Cheers!

Seasider

Anyone from the south of Watford Gap who's thinking of attending would be well advised to carry on up the M1 to J23A, taking the A50 west to Uttoxeter then dropping down the A518 to Stafford. The M6 through Birmingham and Wolverhampton will be a nightmare :D

I've come up with the perfect pub - I'll be finalising everything tomorrow and letting you all know if it is to go ahead.

By the way, is it usually the custom to let the pub know that there'll be a meet of some kind going on?

Thanks,

MarcB

By the way, is it usually the custom to let the pub know that there'll be a meet of some kind going on?

If it's over lunch-time, then lots of people will be eating - the pub might need to know so they can buy extra potatoes or lay on extra staff. It's only polite to let them know they'll have artificially swollen numbers anyway.

Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Stu

Really sorry everyone but I'm going to have to cancel the event for a number of reasons, including that the pub doesn't seem keen on me holding it there (idiots!).

:D

Hope to arrange one after my exams are over in July....

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience :o

MarcB!

Edited by MarcB

Pah, Age Prejudice?

Looking for the point of view from the Pub landlord, I guess he's worried about having a herd of yobs of MarcB's age (late teens / early twenties, I'm presuming - Exams and all that) descend on him, getting quite rowdy, sloshed / and potentially wrecking the joint..... Ahem, err not that MarcB is like this (or he could be, who knows!) , but, like it or not, this is what a group of people of Marc's age would be typecast as.

Now, I know that in more than general terms, us cachers are no way like this. The landlord, however, doesn't.

I'm just wondering if there is another pub in the area, with more open minded landlord who may be willing to let us sample his wares?

Pah, Age Prejudice?

Looking for the point of view from the Pub landlord, I guess he's worried about having a herd of yobs of MarcB's age (late teens / early twenties, I'm presuming - Exams and all that) descend on him, getting quite rowdy, sloshed / and potentially wrecking the joint..... Ahem, err not that MarcB is like this (or he could be, who knows!) , but, like it or not, this is what a group of people of Marc's age would be typecast as.

Now, I know that in more than general terms, us cachers are no way like this. The landlord, however, doesn't.

I'm just wondering if there is another pub in the area, with more open minded landlord who may be willing to let us sample his wares?

I'm not sure it was becuase of that, I've got quite a deep voice and said it was to do with Orienteering (First rule of Geocaching: Don't talk about Geocaching). It just seemed like they couln't be a**sed to give me a proper answer on the phone.

Additionally, it clashes with the football match I'm going to on Sunday (I'm stopping overnight in Brum) - I can't believe it myself: I've ended up missing the Shropshire one as well! :unsure:

I'll sort one out in July, I promise!

MarcB

I'm still all for it! I've got a pub in mind, "The Worston Mill" near Great Bridgeford. It would have to be a Sunday as I work on Saturdays. So far I have come up with...

Sun 8th August

Sun 15th August

Sun 22nd August

Sun 29th August

Bank Holiday Monday 30th August

Which is best for everyone?

Not 15th or 29th as these a Grand Prix days :D

The 8th is the day after the Dreaming Spires Bash which we are hoping to go to. Might be tricky to get out both days.

Apart from that I think the other days are ok. Usual thing for us though as we might not be able to make it at the last minute due to an ill mother.

It might be worth your starting a new thread as this one looks out of date :unsure:

The Hokesters...

Sorry for being awkward - don't work around us though as I say we can be difficult to please :)

EDIT - Note about Dreaming Spires & making another thread.

Edited by The Hokesters