Please Help Garmin Gpsmap 60cs

This was going to be our first time geocaching ... we had broken out the credit card and sprung for the ultimate geocaching machine, the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS because we were told it was going to be EASY to use.

Unfortunately, we cannot get the darned thing to work. About three hours now in setup and we can't download a waypoint. Groundspeak doesn't list the 60CS as a viable GPS.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME???%%^^&**^%$##^ :P

First of all, install the MapSource Trip & Waypoint manager that came with the 60CS (if you have not already done so).

Then, download the EASYMPS program. You don't have to install this program (it is a .exe file) - just download it and run it.

After you've downloaded the file, download your geocache waypoints .loc file to your computer.

Run EasyMPS to open the .loc file and convert the data into Garmin format - have EasyMPS open MapSource for you.

From MapSource, send the waypoints to your GPSr.

Now - git out there and have fun caching! :P

Edited by Neo_Geo
Now, if they would just get the USB interface working!  :huh:

USB on ExpertGPS works fine for me. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Problems? Hmmm.... I have ExpertGPS v 1.5.3, and I don't see a way to get the USB connection active. When I try to install a new GPSr, it defaults to com-1 at 9600 baud. This is where normally run the unit. What am I missing? Manual has no notes about USB, and 1.5.3 seems to be the latest version. Tell me your secret.

EDIT: That is V 1.3.5! It is early,and I was up late. Thanks again.

Edited by Desert_Warrior