Main Page Down?

Main site appears down. It was working ok for me earlier this evening, then I started getting the server overloaded error so I stayed away until I got a notification I wanted to look at a few minutes ago and couldn't get to the site. Someone needs to kick the server(s). :P

They probably will be soon if not already now.

You gotta figure with the CITO events today, a lot of people were probably trying to get on to log their caches. According to Jeremy, they're getting ready to implement a web server farm to handle the load better. Have a little patience until they get there.

They probably will be soon if not already now.

You gotta figure with the CITO events today, a lot of people were probably trying to get on to log their caches. According to Jeremy, they're getting ready to implement a web server farm to handle the load better. Have a little patience until they get there.

as long as i can post i am a happy camper. logging finds can be done anytime.

Look for a topic on this in the "Geocaching.com Website forum". There Jeremy tells about the problem, that they are working on it and ti will be fixed on or around May 1. He says the only thing is to just wait for anothher time and try again.

Yes forums are on different server. we are safe here!

He said the same about the maps a couple of years ago. if he doesn't specify the YEAR when he gives a date, then don't get your hopes up :D

(Jeremy, I'm just kidding) :P