Magellan Sportrac Map

I can get a sportrac map with my motel points and I was ondering if anybody could give me any info on this unit.? I have an Etrex now and it is pretty simple to operate. How about the Magellan? Is it as easy to use? Is it as good as the Etrex? Any advantages or disadvantages? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!! :lol:

I'm running a Map right now. It has been great with one exception. The hairline cracks that occur on the case. I'm about to send mine in for whatever they do to them. I checked on the upgrad/trade-in and they are darn proud of their meridians. Not even close to the market price soooo I guess I'm going to stay with the sportrak and hope they have the crack issue fixed. Or they will be turning my sportrak around so much they will wish they had offered a free upgrade. YMMV and they may have fixed this issue. Good luck.

I have very little experience with the etrex line, so I cannot compare anything to them. I have used a SporTrack Pro and a few of the Meridians (I own a gold now). The SporTracks are a good and dependable GPSr, with some cool features and functions, and will serve you well. But you might want to see which suppliers on the Marriott program also carry the Meridian line. I have seen the Gold’s for less money than some of the ST’s. The expandable memory of the Meridians is a great “grow into” feature, not to mention the very active user group on Yahoo. The user group has been an invaluable learning source for me. Just another unit to consider, but like I said, you will get great service out of the SporTrack series too.

The sportrak map was my first unit. It is a good unit, very dependable and accurate. I have never really noticed bad reception anywhere i have used my sportrak map. The only problem is the one noted earlier. I sent mine in with three cracks and they fixed it and returned it to me within two weeks. They were very good to deal with. But, the unit came back not as accurate as it was. It would not lock onto sats. as it did. So it was always going from 2d to 3d and back. Also, a small crack reappeared on one of the screws again. So i sent it back and told them about the unit not being accurate as well. Just got my notice tonight that it was being sent back. So I will see what happens with it this time.

I also own a Meridian and Meridian Gold. Both units are great and very accurate. I personally like the larger size of the Meridians. I also love the expandable memory. I really have no complaints about my Meridians. I bought both of my Meridians on ebay for great prices.

I have no experience with the Garmins, so I dont have any input on those units.