Sticking My Oar In

Mmmm, highly dubious logging. As the cache owner I've mailed the individual to ask them to delete one of the two "found" logs.

As far as the bug is concerned, I know several people who use a bug to log their progress between caches and log bugs in and out. Personally I've no problem with people logging bugs in and out of caches providing they use a "note" for one of the logs.

On a similar topic, I have a "watch" on SuperTed TB and have received numerous messages today because he's been logged into and out of several caches in Tokyo during the course of one day!

Sorry, I don't know how to do a link - the reference is TB76C9 SuperTed.

SuperTed is here.

Leoness, just copy the address from your browser's address bar, then when you post your message and reach the point where you want the link, click on the 'http://' button above the text box, paste the address in the dialog box that comes up, choose ok, then enter a name for the page and choose ok again.

I'm quite happy with people using a TB as a 'personal log' and logging it in and out of caches they visit. I hadn't really thought about logging TBs (other than your own 'personal log') in and out of caches you visit. I don't think I see any problem with it, even if the one in Tokyo seems to be taking it to extremes! I think I'd be happy with that if I were the TB's owner, though.

As to logging a 'found it' more than once, generally it shouldn't be done, though there are some exceptions. Some locationless cache owners allow multiple finds, and there are some moving caches (usually not allowed now) which can be logged as finds in different locations. There may be other exceptions which I can't think of at the moment. But with a 'conventional' cache, once you've found it you've found it. If you visit again, your log should be a note.

Quite a few of the bugs we own / watch do the cache "hop", where somebody logs the into and out of each cache they visit (mainly happens in the USA) - to be honest I thought it was just part of the game.

I must admit, it's not the way that Abi & I play it, but that's what is nice about Geocaching - you play the game to your own level! ;)

Dean(&Abi)

does seem abit strange.

As this is the first cache that Rosiewhitedog TB has visited i wonder if they did it to get the mileage clock running before they took it to the US? That way they get 3000+ miles from the offest rather than starting from 0 when they got there?

<edit for speeling>

Edited by choccymandm
As this is the first cache that Rosiewhitedog TB has visited i wonder if the did to get the mileage clock running before they took it to the US? That way they get 3000+ miles from the offest rather than starting from 0 when they got there?

I've done that before now and logged TBs in and out where their owners ahve asked that they visit certain places and I've photos of them at the sites requested and have logged them in and out of the nearest cache which I have visited near the site - with a note of course if it was a revisit.