Outdoors Show

On a side issue, I didn't see geocaching mentioned once at the show... even in the 'GPS and electronic routes' presentation. I did get to see Shifali Oza though! B)

Never heard of her before, so I Googled.....

shefali_stratford_002.jpg

She can read me the weather any day, and I wouldn't complain if it was a duff forecast either B)

Yes. They had planned on a launch at the show but the initial consignment was held up in a ship container on route. They are now saying the product will be available by the end of April at a cost of £120. Visitors to the show were given a voucher allowing a show price of £109 to apply.

From my perspective, I have been relying on Mapsend Worldwide for maps of the uk to go with my Sportrak map pro US version. I found out that there are some differences between the detail on this and the equivalent detail on the Euro version. (so importers beware).

The degree of detail on the display version of the GB topo looked quite impressive. I think this will be quite useful for geocachers. Without it the Magellan mapping GPSrs are little better that the non-mapping models...unless, that is, you happen to be searching next to a motorway Junction.

The fine folks at Country Walking magazine said that they were going to do an article on Geocaching, and I had a good look at the Pelican cases and the Otterboxes which I had previously only seen in pictures.

Thanks to a Pelican case I now feel that my camera is safe from bashing and rainwater in my rucksack.

www.peli.com