Wap - Geocaching On Cellphones

shoeblade

I personally think its a good idea to have caches on a wap format as well as a web format, since so many people have WAP enabled phones I think this would work, You could search and log caches from anywhere, if not wap - posibally an e-mail to text message to with a zip code that returns info, it could be a premium feature

tell me what you think

Even thou the wap-sites are fast, it's pure enjoyment reading gc.com

with opera on my Nokia6600. Spoilerpictures and all.

But I had a hard time on sunday, when the website was a bit unstable...

Liked the canadian website as well. Fast!

hbrx.

Try this one...I find it to work much better:

http://rtr.ca/geo

When I log on to this site I receive a message "Please access geocaching.com directly for bulk downloads" and I receive an error message on www.geocaching.com/wap/ "Geocaching.com IP Error Page"

Any idea's I am using a PDA with AvantGo browser connected to my cell phone.

jonsom

If you're using avant-go you're likely trying to get caches through a banned IP address.

Avant-Go works by spidering a site very quickly, downloading all the pages, and basicly giving the server a beat-down. Set up properly, it's a fine thing to use and many sites deliberately set up an avant-go portal just for it. But it's highly likely that avant-go is hitting gc.com a little too hard and is simply being IP banned. Jeremy has already stated that spiders tend to get their IP banned real quick.