Cache Placement Question

Yes it is a public library, is it against the law, I don't know that's why I'm asking you all.

Okay.

Try this.

Contrary to what some may think, "public" does not mean that you can do whatever you want.

All you have to do is walk into the library and ask to talk to whoever's in charge (Do they still call them Head Librarian?) Tell them what you want to do and see what they say.

The only other concern that you should have is if the cache location is muggle-proof. How many people will look out the window of the library and wonder what that person is doing out there, then go out and grab the cache after the cacher leaves?

The hider of the last library cache that I found actually brought two new cachers into the group when she was seeking permission to hide the cache. The new cachers are two of the library's administrators.

If you refuse to ask permission on the grounds that it's not against the law, would you at least still do the courtesy of informing the head librarian that the container the groundskeeper is going to find is a geocache and ask them to please not throw it in the trash.

Working with the library is more likely to produce a better cache than trying to work in secret, and they're going to find out sooner or later.

Edited by bons