Postcard Cache

I was thinking about setting up a cache involving postcards, and would like to solicit input on the idea.

- cache requires you to bring a self addressed, stamped postcard (I'll start it off with a handful of stamped postcards just in case)

- finders will leave their postcard, take an addressed/stamped postcard from a previous finder, write a short note and sign it, and drop it in the mailbox

- only after you get your postcard in the mail, are you allowed to log your find. Your log would also be required to include the message and name of the cacher who sent it.

This cache would involve the cooperation of the cacher after you, and the USPS to log your find.

Some people might have a problem leaving their address in a cache, so I'm not sure if that will prevent many from visiting. I don't believe in deleting logs if people don't follow the rules, so I'd probably let people who just want to find the cache log their find as well.

Ideas? Comments?

Maybe I just have no faith but I would hate for my ability to log a find on a cache that I DID find to be tied to someone else taking and mailing my post card. I did a post card cache about a year ago and I just got my postcard back a few weeks ago. I liked the cache but if I couldn't log a find for 11 months I would be sad B) Maybe tell them they can't log until they mail the postcard taht they have taken then my log is still tied to my own actions. B)

Maybe I just have no faith but I would hate for my ability to log a find on a cache that I DID find to be tied to someone else taking and mailing my post card. I did a post card cache about a year ago and I just got my postcard back a few weeks ago. I liked the cache but if I couldn't log a find for 11 months I would be sad B) Maybe tell them they can't log until they mail the postcard taht they have taken then my log is still tied to my own actions. B)

11 months, B) you are lucky you are not a ham radio operator, We send QSL cards to each other when we work a station in another country. I no some guys who wait several years before they get a card back. I no one guy who got one 10 years later. I am waiting for some that go back about two years. A QSL card is like a post card with the station call sign. Mine is KF6VYH.