The 'one And Only-best' Software Program

I use ExpertGPS.

It has not let me down yet.

I second that. What do you want to export to the PDA? Maps? waypoints? GC.com descriptions? all of the above?

I just use the PQ mobi-book format, and the .loc's through expert GPS. Works for me.

edit spelling. wow that was bad.

Edited by geckoee

If you want to download to a gps it must be compatible, and compatibility depends on your brand. Garmin uses mapsource programs (superior :blink: ) and magellan uses mapsend (inferior :rolleyes: ). Of course neither are cheap, but I have used mapsource and it is very easy to use and download into gps.

GSAK. It will take the gpx generated by your pocket query and export to almost anything - mapsource, mapsend, S&T, etc. Plus it will export to Cachemate for your PDA, and Cachemate will export to Mapopolis.

If you're talking about general mapping, not geocaching specific, I don't have much help for you. There is no one program that I know of that does maps for everything.

I haven't found a good topo program for the PPC. I absolutely love Mapopolis for mapping and routing. The voice directions work very well. I like streets and trips on the PC but pocket streets is aweful. http://mapopolis.com

I recently found USA photo maps because of another thread on this board. It can import caches and export them on a topo map or ariel photo as a JPG that you can open on your PPC. That program gets topo and ariel photo data from MS's TerraServer. http://jdmcox.com/