Logging Of New Caches

How do other cachers get to know about newly approved caches so quickly?? :D:rolleyes:

I am registered with "Skydiver's New Cache Alert Tool"(!) which supposedly E-mails me as soon as a new cache is approved within my specified radius BUT on two occasions recently whist online a "New Cache Alert" came through, I instantly went to the cache page........only to find that the caches had already been logged. B)

Particularly frustrating when one of the caches is only four miles from my front door! ;)

I would welcome comments from any other FTF aspirants... B)B):P

The new cache alerts seem to be delayed occasionaly, perhaps that was the case this time? I have recieved them days after finding the cache by checking through Geocaching.com. I suppose its mainy down to luck how fast you spot them when they appear and how willing you and others are to get straight out!

Sit in-front of the computer most of the day checking every 30 minutes. And hope that Seasiders not in the area :rolleyes:. Best way is to have a flexible lifestyle, Check for new caches in the UK several times a day (as soon as you get up, just before your dinner break if you have access to the net at work, when you come home, and during the evening), and be prepared to rush out as soon as you see one listed. But it helps if you don't work, and you aren't in the same area as Seasider the UK's FTF expert.

Dave B)

The new cache alerts seem to be delayed occasionaly, perhaps that was the case this time? I've received them days after finding the cache

... likewise!

we have a set radius within which we cache and just check the total amount of caches within that radius, if the number has gone up then we'll search thru to find the new one ... although Skydivers cache tool is set to give us caches within a greater radius cause its always good to know whats "just over the hill" :lol:

Premium members can set up a pocket query to show unfound caches within a certain radius of home. Whilst this query will only be e-mailed to you once a day at most, recent changes mean that you can log into the site and run it as manny times as you like.

That said, the only FTF's we have have been because we were in the right place at the right time. We abandoned a cache trip once, got home, logged our finds and noticed a new cache in the area... we managed to find it within an hour of it being approved... but it was pure luck.

It looks as though "Skydiver" has disabled his cache alert tool due to a change in the main geocaching.com page. I'm assuming he means the new page as it will be when everything gets moved over to dot net.

Hey Jeremy, can you at least give us paying "premium members" the option of an instant cache alert tool for new caches in our area? I know we can set up a pocket query to do this once a day but some of us need to know about new caches NOW! :D This would be a nice a way to pick up where Skydiver left off.

Please, please please?