Good Dc Caches?

av8tors32

Just hit DC and I can't remember all the names but DEFINITELY check out 395 Overlook in Virginia. Also, the Secret Garden and the Hidden Garden were fun caches. There are some others not too far in VA - Chevy Chase Lake was cool but YOU MUCT go to 395 Overlook.

Just hit DC and I can't remember all the names but DEFINITELY check out 395 Overlook in Virginia.  Also, the Secret Garden and the Hidden Garden were fun caches.  There are some others not too far in VA - Chevy Chase Lake was cool but YOU MUCT go to 395 Overlook.

I agree that 395 Overlook was original. If you want a LOT of caches, but don't mind virtuals, the National Mall will give you both history and numbers...but no boxes to open. There's a CamCache at Washington D.C. Live! if you've got somebody that can take your picture over the internet for you. The Occaquan Ramble is a pleasant multi-cache that will give you an opportunity to enjoy an old historic town (make sure and eat lunch/dinner at the Occaquan Inn). And even though I placed it, if the weather gets bad, Gold & Iron has gotten good reviews. Oh, and if you're flying into Reagan National Airport, make sure and hit Origins of Alexandria. It's a quick virtual with a little bit of history.

Hope this helps! I wish I could give you more, but I'm fairly new...only 30 found, and not all of those in Virginia, but the ones I've listed are all fun.

Do a "username (found)" search using my or Squealy's account from the "Advanced Search" page. We hit soooo many while we were there. I strongly reccomend the ones in Maryland (Mohican Trail and surrounding caches) and Virginia (near Alcova Park). We had a blast. There are a TON of virtuals, but if you're looking for traditional, this is the way to go.

There are some great ones in DC that are fun to do as well... On the Mall I would say

Solar Sailing - Its mine but I get a lot of good feed back on it

I Wobble (GC86BD) by scubagecko (1/1) Is Intresting chunk of Art. I detest the guy that hid this but its intresting non the less.

Everything is Relative (GC1B64) by Cachew: John C. and Janet J. (1/1) Another nice peice of Art thats well known

Mile Zero (GC2E52) by Jack Black (1/1) - Some intresting aspects for people kinda into Maps and GPS's

Place of Honor (GC3E56) by Bigcall (2/1.5) - This is one of several in The National Cemetary I had not known the Final was there.

The Lone Sailor (GCCA5E) by Zarco (1/1) - Another intresting Memorial

Wash National Cathedral (GC5C7F) by pkpaul (1/1) - If you have never seen this or looked around the property this is very neat

My Lords Island (GC99EE) by Bigcall (1/1.5)

For Traditionals in DC here is a list -

DC: The Disenfranchised Colony (GCA6F3) by Speal (3/3)

Hidden Garden (GCA4F5) by Speal (3.5/1)

Neglect (GCB8A8) by flowerman (2/2)

Secret Garden (GCB709) by Tim M CPA (1.5/1.5)

University Forest (GCD02E) by flowerman (1.5/1)

There are a few more that I havent found and I am pulling these from my found file.

In Va there are a ton of good caches. A few close TB Hotels and some realling neat acches.

395 Overlook (GCH057) by flowerman (1.5/1.5) - This is a great one

Windy Run (GC5180) by Uncle John (2/2) - Nice little park just out side the City

Ties to the Station (GC8085) by flowerman (2/1) - A short Multi not far from DC

Stick City (GC96B4) by Hannah (1.5/1)

There are more but they are further out of the city.

-Robert