Why Can't I Download?

Mechanical Horsethieves

Hello all.

I'm obviously doing something stupid here. I have installed Easygps in both of my computers. One is win98, the other is ME.

If I try to d/l the waypoints, Geocaching.com directs me to the page that tells me to download Easygps.

It does this in both MIE 5 and Netscape 6. It used to work back several months ago. What has happened?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Easygps.

Thanks,

Eric

I've had that problem as well while downloading .loc files, but I use different software to open the files. I also use two different computers, but mine are windows XP and windows 200 pro.

To fix the problem I logged out of gc.com and then logged back in.

It's a strange problem, and I really don't know what may be going on here. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one seeing this. Maybe the ever so nice Groundspeak people will look into it.

I typically have the same problem but it takes me to the Terms and Agreement page. Funny when I get to that page it tells me that I have already agreed to the Terms and Agreements. The only way I can make it work it to log out and log back in. Then I get to use it a whopping three times before it quits working again. I have posted this trouble on two different occassions and have seen other posts regarding this problem and yet today no one has come up with a solution to the problem. I hope someday the problem gets resolved as it is frustrating. If the problem would go away if I become a Premium member I would do it in a heartbeat but others have posted that becoming a Premium member will not solve the problem.

murph

As far as the website downloading problem goes, It's something on the website end of it. Jeremy fixed mine once instantly, cause I was having the same problem. But it seems to be doing it again. As far as the premium membership goes, it doesnt stop that problem. I usually never have to deal with it though, because I have pocket queries.

I had the same problem with EasyGPS. It turned out when I downloaded it originaly, somehow a file was lost or corrupted. Deleted and redownloaded it, this time from the software companys site, all sorted out for me. Might be worth trying the same solution. Dave

I am using ExpertGPS and having the trouble on two different computers with it.

murph

Well, I gotta say I'm glad that I'm not the only one having the problem.

I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall with no success. I found that downloading it from GC's site yielded a different version than getting it from EasyGPS.com . The latter comes in an actual installer, vs GC coming up with JUST EasyGPS.

Logging out and then back didn't help either.

I've had this problem for a long time, I'd think that GC would have it figured out. I haven't heard a reply from them yet on the fix, and EasyGPS's brief reply was of no help.

Thanks, I'll keep working on it and post when I figure it out......

E

Hi all,

Nate from GC emailed me back and asked if I had read and accepted the terms of agreement. Doh! I had not. All seems to work now and hopefully will stay that way.

Thanks for the help!

Eric (I now read and follow directions) F.

It takes me to the agreement page but tells me I have already accepted. So not sure what my problem is.

I typically have the same problem but it takes me to the Terms and Agreement page. Funny when I get to that page it tells me that I have already agreed to the Terms and Agreements. The only way I can make it work it to log out and log back in. Then I get to use it a whopping three times before it quits working again. I have posted this trouble on two different occassions and have seen other posts regarding this problem and yet today no one has come up with a solution to the problem. I hope someday the problem gets resolved as it is frustrating. If the problem would go away if I become a Premium member I would do it in a heartbeat but others have posted that becoming a Premium member will not solve the problem.

murph

It solves the problem in that you're rarely downloading LOC files, since you'll have GPX files automatically sent to you.

Alrighty, then.....anyone got any answers to this question yet? I finally got EasyGPS to download a couple of weeks ago (it took several tries, but I did it), and then was able to download a list of waypoints off the site with no trouble....a couple of days ago, I tried to download another set of waypoints and kept getting an error message saying something to the effect of "...unable to recognize file".....What's the scoop? Will logging out and back in fix that? Or is it another problem?

Someone? Anyone? HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!