Anniversary Geocaching

DemonicAngel

Saturday (Valentines Day) was group Demonicangel's 11th wedding anniversary. We got a friend of ours to keep our children for the weekend and we decided that what better way to spend our anniversary than geocaching. Well, Saturday morning a friend of ours, Beerhog, announced to me the he had hidden a cache and wanted me to see if I could use the coordinates to find it. I was all game and Jim thought it would be fun so off we went. We went to the Legion Hut here in Paris and my heart sank. My gps was leading me toward a rock wall and Beerhog already said it was a micro... and I just knew there were literally hundreds of places it could be, but being a sport I decided to hunt. After about 10 minutes I found it. I opned the bag and inside were 2 small blue boxes. I opened the first one and there was a georgous ring. I asked Beerhog where he got it and he just grinned. I opened the second box and inside it I saw a necklace that I had been wanting for a long time. It wasn't until then that I realized that the ring I just saw matched the necklace. I was stunned. I turned around and Jim was standing there with this huge grin on his face. It was then that Jim and Beerhog together said "happy anniversary". I was in shock. Come to find out, Jim had enlisted Beerhog's help in setting up the perfect anniversary present for me. Instead of just handing me the jewelry, he thought I would enjoy "hunting" for it. My own personal geocache. I have to admit that I had one of the best Valentines Day's and anniversary's I've ever had.

:lol:

That is so cool!!! Your husband is so romantic !!! It was nice that my husband sent me your story.

Valentine's Day is our Anniversary too and this year was our first. The main thing we wanted to do during the day was to go geocaching. I decided that it would be great fun to create a cache to commemorate the occasion, so we did. It is called Have A Heart Anniversary cache. We also created a second one in a heart-shaped tin to put the new Travel Bug I created and my wonderful husband helped me tag it. It is called the Love Bug TB and its mission is to spread love wherever it travels (my husband's idea...he is such a romantic).

Thanks for sharing your story!!!

Happy Anniversary! I have a similar story... DH and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary and my birthday this week. He gave me a card that had coordinates in it, and our kids handed me a bag with the GPS wrapped up inside. I knew I was in for an adventure! :mad: The first place ended up being DH's office where I walked in to a birthday cake with coordinates written on it! After enjoying a bite of cake, we left and ended up at a paint your own pottery place. When I walked in, the employees handed me another present and another card with more coordinates on it. These brought us to a wonderful restaraunt, where I was served a complimentary desert, another gift, and another card with more coordinates on it. The last hunt threw me a bit, as we kept getting closer and closer to the tattoo place! :smile: But we ended up at the local movie theatre, where I was greeted again with prepaid tickets and another card! Hubby certainly got points for creativitiy and organizing the whole thing without me knowing! I think this was a great idea for an anniversary/birthday! HINT HINT to all you men out there! :mad: