Abject Silliness

RocketMan

if abject silliness is closed down, there will be a mass geocide.

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Oh, just think of all the stupid hiking boot threads we could derail if we didn't have AS to post in! Sure...go ahead and shut down AS......there'll never be a civilized discussion about pictures of your hiking stick again!

if abject silliness is closed down,  there will be a mass geocide. 

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Oh, just think of all the stupid hiking boot threads we could derail if we didn't have AS to post in! Sure...go ahead and shut down AS......there'll never be a civilized discussion about pictures of your hiking stick again!

Stupid? What is wrong with those threads?

if abject silliness is closed down,  there will be a mass geocide. 

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Stupid? What is wrong with those threads?

I'm thinking about lifting my Jeep...anyone got any suggestions?

And now, it's time to let this thread drop off the page.........thanks for the extra boost to my post count, RM! :unsure:

This is way easier than caching isn't it?

Yeah, it sure is......man, I don't have to tromp around in the weeds anymore for those park and grabs........and I guess I don't have to fake anymore virtual and locationless to boost my cache count, either.....whew....25 caches just wore me out!

Or change the name to "Post here to increase your post count."

Just shut it down.

Please

I don't see what the problem is......what does it really matter what your post count is, anyway?

I agree - what does it really matter? I don't really care if people are posting to that thread to increase their post counts. I am just tired of seeing that thread at the top of the heap with nothing worthwhile to read in it. (Flame away)

BTW: I really believe that no one cares about post counts/stats. That's why newbies get such respect around here and that's why we never hear about stats:

My 1000th Post

MM Club, 2,000 Posts!

Want Some Real Stats?, or you just dare care about numbers?

Keenpeople Stats

One For All You Stats Buffs, Most in one day????

Keeping Personal Stats, Would like to see some examples

Just a few derived from a couple of quick searches.

Just shut it down.

Please

I don't see what the problem is......what does it really matter what your post count is, anyway?

I agree - what does it really matter? I don't really care if people are posting to that thread to increase their post counts. I am just tired of seeing that thread at the top of the heap with nothing worthwhile to read in it. (Flame away)

Then what's your problem?

Let's use the virtual arguement:

If you don't like virtuals, don't do them

Therefore, if you don't like Abject Silliness, don't read it

But I don't want virtuals to appear on my searches

I don't want to see Abject Silliness on my searches

Move virtuals to their own section so virts won't interfere with regular caches.

Give us an off-topic forum so off-topic threads won't detract from the serious topics in the main forum.

Just shut it down.

Please

Then what's your problem?

Let's use the virtual arguement:

If you don't like virtuals, don't do them

Therefore, if you don't like Abject Silliness, don't read it

But I don't want virtuals to appear on my searches

I don't want to see Abject Silliness on my searches

Move virtuals to their own section so virts won't interfere with regular caches.

Give us an off-topic forum so off-topic threads won't detract from the serious topics in the main forum.

Great point SAX Man. I think there should be an off-topic forum where anyone (including myself) can post off topic items to their hearts content. I would hope that the popularity of the Abject Silliness thread will send TPTB that message loud and clear. RM

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to have an off-topic area. The mods move topics when they are posted in the wrong forum. They can even move individual posts. If a thread goes off-topic, that part of the thread can be moved, leaving the original intact. The off-topic posters can still continue the new discussion without destroying the original thread.

Yah, but if they made Abject Silliness into it's own thread, we wouldn't be able to count NORMS anymroe....

And if you wanted to flame Abject Silliness, couldn't you at least name the flame something other than "Abject Silliness" it's really confusing the more idiotic of us...

Edited by TeamK-9
Yes, but we actually have the occasional normal topic in between Norms....

I mean, right now, I'm about to post a meaningful question that I'd be flamed for posting here...

Here you go TeamK-9:

9ecbacf7-aa9e-43c6-bf85-7cc8ba5b414d.jpg

Edit: I just couldn't bring myself to post to that other thread.

Edited by Rocket Man
Yah, but if they made Abject Silliness into it's own thread, we wouldn't be able to count NORMS anymroe....

I'm tired of counting Norms. It does seem that AS is only about that anymore.

This I wholeheartedly agree on. It seems that half the posts on a page of fifty are either Norms or just-missed norms, or inane drivel to get the posts close to a multiple of fifty for the next Norm.

I propose a moratorium on "Norming" in AS.

An off-topic thread is one thing, but a thread where even the off-topic stuff has zero value is just asking to be shut down.

I'm tired of counting Norms. It does seem that AS is only about that anymore.

This I wholeheartedly agree on. It seems that half the posts on a page of fifty are either Norms or just-missed norms, or inane drivel to get the posts close to a multiple of fifty for the next Norm.

I propose a moratorium on "Norming" in AS.

An off-topic thread is one thing, but a thread where even the off-topic stuff has zero value is just asking to be shut down.

By your command.