Metal Covered Windshields????

I assume this is because some cars have a metal coating on the windshield. Anyone know why they have this?

Window tint. Keeps light, heat, UV or other undesirable things from coming in through the window.

Either that or the car companies are secretly privacy advocates that are preventing the government from reading your mind as you drive by. Take your pick. :lol:

I recently took a trip via Amtrak from Washington, DC to New York (and back). I used my eMap with an external antenna and had no problems getting a signal. Actually, it had a lock while the train was sitting in the station UNDER AN AWNING! I was on an Acela Express both ways. I also had my Legend and it picked up the sats well too. This was during a snowstorm.

51d06d86-aedd-4498-95fe-3c8a55f71198.jpg

I recently took a trip via Amtrak from Washington, DC to New York (and back). I used my eMap with an external antenna and had no problems getting a signal. Actually, it had a lock while the train was sitting in the station UNDER AN AWNING! I was on an Acela Express both ways. I also had my Legend and it picked up the sats well too. This was during a snowstorm.

51d06d86-aedd-4498-95fe-3c8a55f71198.jpg

How the heck did you use an external antenna on a train? Did you climb up on the roof???

I recently took a trip via Amtrak from Washington, DC to New York (and back).  I used my eMap with an external antenna and had no problems getting a signal.  Actually, it had a lock while the train was sitting in the station UNDER AN AWNING!  I was on an Acela Express both ways.  I also had my Legend and it picked up the sats well too.  This was during a snowstorm.

I got a lock the other day in my living room. It tracked my pacing back and forth across the room. Weird.