My Town Is In 2 Map Sets!

Lewisondo

Sorry - you're screwed.

If I sound kinda callous about it, it's because I found myself in the same boat.

You might consider getting MetroGuide 4. Version 4's maps take up less memory, so you might fit both sections into memory. If you want, I can make a comparison of the area in question between the two versions.

You could probably find someone who would want to trade with you in the GPS Garage Sale forum.

You could also get a GPSr with more memory. I bought an eMap with a 128MB data card on eBay.

Edited by Neo_Geo

The GPSMAP 76 has 8MB of map memory. The two map segments in question take up only 1.27MB of memory in MetroGuide 5. You should have NO PROBLEM getting them in, and a lot more! I was able to get all of Seattle and Tacoma and the segment between there and Wenatchee. All of that only takes 7.3MB.

If those two segments don't work with version 5, then version 4 won't help either.

OOOOOOOPS!!!! Thanks for clarifying, Geoff. I'm not too familiar with the 76 series, and therefor didn't fully understand. I just saw on Garmin's site that the GPS76 has 1MB of memory - used for storing Point of Interest data. While it can be used to upload maps, you cannot fit many - thus the reason for Lewisondo's post.

MetroGuide 4 will not help you in this case. In fact, the two map segments in this case actually take up more memory in version 4 than the 5 version.

Although Roads & Recreation 3.03 does not have all of the features of MetroGuide, it does provide that level of street mapping, and the area in question WILL fit into 1MB (takes 704KB). So, either get Roads & Rec, or another GPSr with more map memory.