Pocket Queries

frefel

When I click on a custom search of mine, modify it, then click the "edit" button, does that send the query to Geocaching.com or do I need to do something else? I seem to never get a reply when I do it that way; maybe it gets put on a low priority and I should set up a brand new query for higher priority.

I believe if you just modify it, it gets put back in the Queua as normal and will be processed on your next scheduled day for runs.

If you do a new query, it is scheduled to run at the very next batch run (as long as you have the day you create the query as a day for it to run) so you normally get results within half an hour or so.

I just edit my existing ones and rarely have trouble getting them back fairly quickly. Times seem to depend on when the one I edited last ran, and of course, day/time I'm trying to run it. I've gotten edited ones back in minutes on a regular basis.

From what I understand, if you're just modifying the data, you won't get it until the next scheduled day, unless you haven't gotten it yet that day. If you add "today" into the PQ it gets processed today.

Might be better addressed in the geocaching.com discussion part of the forums that Jeremy frequents. Either that or a Markwell is in order!