Items Missing From My New Color Travel Pack

I purchased a Mer Color Traveller Pack last week, upon opening it, if found that it was missing the 64mb SD card, batteries, and part of the vehicle mounting bracket. Because the factory seal was intact, the retailer has, for the moment, washed their hands of it (they will replace they unit only after exhausing all efforts with Magellan). Magellan is reviewing the case before they make a decision about replacing this missing items, though after nearly a week, I have heard nothing.

On top of all of that, the retailer has requested that UPS investigate the package for signs of tampering. They came and picked it up yesterday, so now I do not even have the base unit to go and explore with. This sucks!

Has anyone out there had similar problems with Magellan products? If so, did their Customer Service help out?

Thanks

I've never heard of something like that with the Magellans. Bummer.

I always hope that I have to experience the statistically rare event that it's something like winning the lottery rather than, oh, getting struck by lightning...or getting the blister pack missing several items.

Well, I finally heard back from Magellan today, with good news, they have shipped the missing items to me. I hope to have them by this weekend. Of course I still need to get the MeriColor back from UPS, they finished their investigation yesterday and are shipping the unit back to me. I have to take my hat off to Magellan, they are not too quick to respond, but at least they did come through for me.