Would That Make A Suitable Small-size Cache ?

gilbertf

I am preparing a small box (that was used for some pills by my father) and I would like to know if you think it is not too small to be used as geocache. The little box looks like this :

box.jpg

I have also created a paper cover to put around. It will look like this :

preview.png

(you can download a zip file with a Gimp and Photoshop 300-dpi file for full size)

I think it's big enough to get some coins but perhaps it would be a better idea to just leave it empty and put a long paper so people can record their visiting.

I have not yet found a place ot hide it and I wonder if it's not too small, thus becoming too difficult to find once hidden.

This is my second cache since the first one was stolen so I would prefer something smaller than my previous attempt :blink:

Thanks for advice :bad:

Nice looking label. No such thing as too small as long as the hide is relative to the container. I'd be a little bummed if I hiked 5 miles through the woods to find a micro, But I've done it. Little things have thier place in geocaching. I found one of those little Altoid paper tine recently in a verrry public place. Go for it.

It looks like the same size as a 35mm film canister which measures about 5 cm (about 2 inches) tall by 3 cm wide (about 1 1/8 inches wide). I really couldn't read the measurements in your picture. A film canister works well for a micro. You just need to make sure you wash the bottle first.

Good Luck

I'd also suggest white text on a black label (i.e. invert the image) to make it easier to hide. Unless you're planning on placing it in a circus, I'd drop the day-glo orange. :bad:

I've found a cache in a playground/park where the container was one of those non-childproof transparent orange pill bottles. I'd recommend against placing that type of container in a playground area.

If you paint yours black or olive, it'd be good to go just about anywhere, however.