Trashing Out

Spoo

On my very first Geocache hunt, I was prepared to pick up any trash I found But I was appaled at how much there actually was !!!!! I had taken a small trash bag with me but could have used two large ones. Does anyone find this to be normal when searching?

:( Did cache on Sunday (1/4) and was amazed at how far people will carry big junk down a trail! How does a milk-crate get over a mile from the nearest trailhead? Would have been great to use it to carry stuff out, but I was alone on this trek.

Most disturbing is that when I got out of this municipal trail, there was no trash barrel to put the stuff into!

Edited by aberger56

I agree. Sometimes the trash is the car. Out here in Ironwood Forest NM (Near Tucson, AZ) every little wash has an old car in it. Also once I found a rather nice ski boat sitting in a small wash miles from an road. I want to know who was the dumb one who tryed to compare the "sandrivers" of this area to the colorado river. Also one of the areas that makes you feel like you are walking waste-deep in the dump is the location of one of my caches. Some of the posts describe it as "camp 4" or "homeless encapment". I simply refer to it as "the projects", or "redneckville". I had to add a post to the page encouraging people to take a CITO bag with them, and I will soon place a container full of them in the cache, and maybe require people to fill a bag of trash, in order to get credit. Well that may be a bit harsh but hey It's an idea.