What Makes The Best Micro Cache Containers

TimSkells

Hi, my name is doug.

I was thinking about those metal airgun pellet containers. They are 2" in diameter and 3/4" high and have a screw-on lid.

They are also pretty much waterproof. I submerged one and squeezed it together as hard as I could, then let it stay under for awhile. After I took it out and opened it, there was only about four drops of water.

They are a bit like the altoids containers, but with a better seal.

t025531.jpg

Edited by dougdrums

Stop off at your local grocery store and take a peek in the candy isle. My son picked up a small container of M&M Mini's. He enjoyed the M&M's and I'm going to enjoy the container. Its approximately 4" high and has a diameter of about an inch.

I can't say if it is totally airtight, but it certainly seems like it.

I know that size seems to be everything, but around here we have very few micros, so this is a micro to us. The 1/2 cup size rubbermaid container. The lid snaps on very tight. I submerged one in the sink for an hour and a half, and there was no water at all inside.

Now, the size is maybe a little big for true micro hounds (about 2 1/2" in diameter by 2 1/2" tall), but if you're hiding it in the woods, it's tough to find, I know by experience. You can also get two of them for less than $1. Plus, you can cut down a regular pocket steno pad, sharpen a pencil down to a stub, and still have room for a few micro goodies.

My micro has foiled a few people, where my regular caches have not. Food for thought.

Edited by Balboagirl