Meridian Newbie

kwizzer

;) Dear Group... We just got a Magellan Meridian Gold, and no matter how many times I read the manual, I cannot figure out a couple of things. Advice from current meridian users would be greatly appreciated.

1) I cannot figure out how to enter a lat/long destination to creat e aroute. AM I missing something simple?

2) how do I enter the waypoints from the Geocahcing sites...

Thanks in advance for any help offered,

kwizzer

It's a lot to paste here, but page 13 of the manual tells you how to input a waypoint (ie latitude and longitude).

To put in the geocaching.com cache listings, you can do it manually, or use a program such as EASY GPS to upload them to your Meridian. There are several ways to get the files to do so. From the search results page, you will see a check box to the right of the cache listings (only visible when you're logged in). Click the ones you want, scroll to the bottom and select download waypoints. Then use Easy GPS to upload them to the Meridian.

Good luck.

Press and Hold the "Goto" key until the create waypoint box comes up. That's how you enter a waypoint. It will default to the current position. Use the arrow keys to hi-light the coordinates and press the Enter key. From here one digit at a time will hi-light. use the up/down arrows to change that digit and the right/left arrows to move to the next/prev digit. Press Enter when done, arrow down to save and press Enter. The name of the waypoint is changed in the same manner. To navigate to this waypoint, press (and don't hold) "Goto". Select "User Waypoints" then "Position" and then find the waypoint you want to navigate to.

JetSkier

most definitely get easygps:

http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/download.aspx

You do have the gps-to-computer hookup right?

Also if you choose to sign up for a premium geocaching account ($30/year) you can have custom queries of up to 500 cache listings e-mailed to any e-mail account of your choosing. Then you just transfer the whole file to your GPS through EasyGPS. Well worth the money IMO. Saves a ton of time and easy to use.

Edited by pnew