Gpxsonar Version 1.1 Final Release

-=(GEO)=-

What's new in the 1.1 release?

New Feature: it is now possible to bookmark ‘center’ coordinates.

New Feature: the application can now be installed on to a memory card.

New Feature: the GPX file statistics now include the count of found caches and field notes.

New Feature: it is now possible to export the cache data to a .loc file. GPS Tuner users will appreciate this one ;-).

New Feature: a new menu called ‘My Stuff’ has been added which groups the following options: ‘Travel Bugs’, ‘Caches’ (new), ‘GC.com User ID’ (new).

New Feature: ‘My Stuff\GC.com User ID’ : this new option allows you to provide the user ID that you use on www.geocaching.com so that GpxSonar can identify the caches that belong to you. This information is used some of the other new features.

New Feature: ‘My Stuff\Caches’ : this option opens up a ‘Cache Manager’: you can use it to manage the caches that you haved placed and you can use it to make permanent copies of cache pages showing in the main cache list so that they can be available even if you don’t have the GPX file where they originally came from loaded in the application. In either case, all the properties of the caches are editable. If a cache has multiple waypoints, they can also be tracked individually. The management of the waypoints is eased with the ability to import a GPX file generated by EasyGPS so that you don’t have to enter them manually. If you don’t know about EasyGPS, you can find more information at http://www.easygps.com

New Feature: the caches that you own are now tagged with a ‘red arrow’ icon in the main cache listing. This features requires you to provide the user ID that you use on geocaching.com.

New Feature: the statistics report about the content of the GPX file (accessible from “Reports\GPX File Info”) has been improved to include icons.

New Feature: the ‘Field Notes’ report has been enhanced with a filter allowing you to report on and delete field notes selectively.

New Feature: the dialog used to enter coordinates has been enhanced with a waypoint projection feature. The projection distance can be expressed in ‘Meters’, ‘Feet’ or ‘Paces’. Angles can be expressed in degrees or in terms of a direction (N, S, E, W, NE, …).

Bug Fix: under HPC, Pocket Internet Explorer has trouble with filenames containing spaces. GPXSonar no longer uses spaces in bitmap filenames to work around this issue.

Bug Fix: the ‘Distance Units’ were not set properly by default. They are now set to ‘Statute Miles’ by default.

Bug Fix: In the ‘Travel Bugs’ properties dialog, the maximum length for the name of a travel bug has been extended to 100 characters from 30.

Bug Fix: In cache log entries, any coordinates provided by a cacher would not be displayed. This has been fixed.

Note: because of the changes affecting the naming of some of the files used in previous versions of GPXSonar, you should uninstall the application from you Pocket PC before installing version 1.1. Before you uninstall it, please make sure to make a backup of the GPXSonar.dat file located under \Program Files\GPXSonar\Config.

The final release of 1.1 for PPC 2002 will follow shortly.

Regards,

Fabien.

Geo,

Man oh live, you are a busy guy. I can't even keep up with all the new versions of Sonar you turn out. I do appreciate all the effort you have put into this program. I have yet to have a problem with a new version and that's pretty remarkable for me, 'cause I'm a computer idiot. Thanks for all the work you've done and for keeping it simple.....Wiz

What's new in the 1.1 release?

New Feature: the application can now be installed on to a memory card.

New Feature: it is now possible to bookmark ‘center’ coordinates.

New Feature: ‘My Stuff\Caches’ : this option opens up a ‘Cache Manager’: you can use it to manage the caches that you haved placed

Happy New Year GEO! And thanks again for all your work.

First, thanks for the new bookmark item. That will make it a lot easier.

And being able to put the app on a memory card is great!!

Now the new year wish list of sorts. :wacko:

With being able to get a query for just about any type of cache list from GC.com (as a premium member) it would be nice to have a drop down menu in the "My Stuff\Caches" that would allow you to import a query of "My Caches" and then another for "My Found Caches" held in different data files or how ever. As I see it right now they all are in the same window making it a bit hard to seperate. Of course with hundreds of finds by some people (I'll be there soon <_< ) the found list could be quite large.

I for one don't pull the caches I own or have found with my regular queries. I make those into seperate ones.

What do ya tink?

Edited by Rosco Bookbinder

question gpxsonar users....

under distance i keep getting numbers in the 5000 mile range with caches that are 2-5 miles away. i read what i could and did some searching. any help correcting this would be greatly appreciated.

robbie

Edited by robree