Any Clubs In Charlotte,nc For Geo Caching?

RockyRiver

Well...... We did have a group here in the Charlotte area for quite a while. We had monthly dinner meetings, and sometimes a week-end gathering thrown in the mix. We even had a couple of fun campouts (one really fun campout, one really fun rainout).

In the last year or so, though, most of the folks involved seem to have really lost interest. We are still here, and would be very interested in reviving that "Geocaching Carolinas" group. We always enjoy meeting other local cachers and getting together with the friends we have met in this group.

All it would take, really, would be for someone to plan a simple get together somewhere in the Charlotte area. Our experience has been that Sunday afternoon events seem to be the best attended in this area. If no one else comes forward soon, we will try to put something together in the next couple of months. We would really like to see this game take off again in Charlotte, and we'd like to meet some of the new people already playing. Hope to see you soon. Botrytisfree and Erwinia

Well...... We did have a group here in the Charlotte area for quite a while. We had monthly dinner meetings, and sometimes a week-end gathering thrown in the mix. We even had a couple of fun campouts (one really fun campout, one really fun rainout).

In the last year or so, though, most of the folks involved seem to have really lost interest. We are still here, and would be very interested in reviving that "Geocaching Carolinas" group. We always enjoy meeting other local cachers and getting together with the friends we have met in this group.

All it would take, really, would be for someone to plan a simple get together somewhere in the Charlotte area. Our experience has been that Sunday afternoon events seem to be the best attended in this area. If no one else comes forward soon, we will try to put something together in the next couple of months. We would really like to see this game take off again in Charlotte, and we'd like to meet some of the new people already playing. Hope to see you soon. Botrytisfree and Erwinia

Count me in guys. I would love to meet some of the fellow cachers here I see signing the log books. Let me know if there is something I can do to help if you put it on. I would say I would do it but no one knows me yet in the caching world.

I have to admit, there was just a bit of selfishness there when I recommended Sunday afternoon.... That is really the only day of the week we would be able to do something like this. So, how would that sound to anyone? If we try to put such an event together, we will give plenty of notice so everyone can have plenty of time to free up their schedules.

I think a lunchtime gathering followed by a cache hunting expedition would be just what the Dr. ordered. We'll start trying to put something together, maybe for mid to late February. If anyone has any fun ideas, let us know. We're looking forward to it already.

B & E

Count us Parrotheads in. We would like to meet and greet. We live in Maiden, NC near Denver and have been looking to meet others into Caching. Would be nice to have a group as large and interested as some other states that I have seen in the forums. As long as the weather is nice Mr. Parrothead and I will try to come to lunch, dinner etc.

Anne

AKA Mrs. Parrothead

Wish we would be there in time for it. I did have an idea though on Boytriystisfree's mentioning. I was thinking of a campout perhaps this summer or spring sometime. Have a pot luck dinner, set up some caches, go looking for other caches nearby, kids games, and etc....Does that sound like an interest to anyone? I know they said it used to be done and is nothing new, but we will be! lol

Sunday afternoon would be best for team Eswau, with two small kids it can be hard to make it to some points of Mecklenburg County (from Gaston County) during the middle of the week.

I tried to set up something for January but it was denied for not being enough about Geocaching. Aparently it's OK to meet for dinner but add a visit to a musuem in with that dinner and it's not OK :bad: Ironically, that event would have been today (13th).

Hopefully someone will be able to get something set up and we will be able to attend.

Eswau

Sunday afternoon would be best for team Eswau, with two small kids it can be hard to make it to some points of Mecklenburg County (from Gaston County) during the middle of the week.

I tried to set up something for January but it was denied for not being enough about Geocaching. Aparently it's OK to meet for dinner but add a visit to a musuem in with that dinner and it's not OK :bad: Ironically, that event would have been today (13th).

Hopefully someone will be able to get something set up and we will be able to attend.

Eswau

Great, Will see you there. I will make the restaraunt reservations in the University Place area which is located off of I-85 (Exit 45 I think?) and WT Harris Blvd. This will make it easy access for Concord,Charlotte,Gastonia People. Not sure of Super Bowl night or other conflicting events that are in Febuary, but we will take a vote and see what Sunday Date is best for the majority.

I know this topic is old but there is a Charlotte area Geocaching club.

Been around since 2008

The Greater Charlotte Geocaching Club at Charlottegeocaching.com.

Search for us if you are uneasy clicking links

We have regular contests to get you out caching in the Greater Charlotte region. A forum to exchange ideas and events.

You can visit as a guest but the site looks and functions better for members. Many images and portions of the site are not visible to guests.

Membership is always free.