Noobie Alert!!!

Snoogans

Do the BIG 2 ever post stats on just how many units they sell before ChannaQuanzMas? I bet it's a bunch.

My local geocaching god and goddess, UsMorrows, recently reminded me that Christmas to just past new years is a crucial time to get new geocachers hooked on the game. Many will be out there without the slightest clue of what this is all about. Some will give up unless they are encouraged to continue.

Let's all try to be as helpful as possible. If someone you never heard of posts a No Find on a cache you placed, or found, send them an email and offer to help.

Hide a new cache (even a micro) to attract new players. Chances are that they will meet up with a regular player in the process.

Better yet, post an event. What better way is there to welcome new people into the game? (My event is scheduled for 1/10/04.)

Your local geocaching scene will be enriched as a result of even a small effort.

I am also going to try my best to get a cache, or two, out by New Years Day.

Sn :mad::D gans

Excellent ideas! Thanks for starting this topic. I'll add my own suggestion: help newcomers in the forums. If you choose to answer a question, give a complete answer. Don't give a quick answer full of abbreviations like "TPTB gave us GPX files to do that." Don't say "this has all been covered before, do a search." It's fine to include a polite Markwell as part of your response. Be sure to say "Welcome to Geocaching!" in your post.

There are some folks like Renegade Knight, BrianSnat, Prime Suspect, Stunod and others who are legendary for helpful posts in the "Getting Started" forum. Give those regulars a hand over the next few weeks.

Excellent ideas! Thanks for starting this topic. I'll add my own suggestion: help newcomers in the forums. If you choose to answer a question, give a complete answer. Don't give a quick answer full of abbreviations like "TPTB gave us GPX files to do that." Don't say "this has all been covered before, do a search." It's fine to include a polite Markwell as part of your response. Be sure to say "Welcome to Geocaching!" in your post.

There are some folks like Renegade Knight, BrianSnat, Prime Suspect, Stunod and others who are legendary for helpful posts in the "Getting Started" forum. Give those regulars a hand over the next few weeks.

Thanks. I kinda wanted to add that, but it might have seemed a little hollow coming from me. I was sure someone more qualified would chime in. I'm glad it was you.

Sn :mad::D gans

B) Hi,

Since I don't like to admit to lurking, I thought I would pop in here!

Been caching since October -- totally addicted!

My question is -- If money were no object, which GPS would you all select.

Mrs. Mag

JegMag

There are distinct lines in this arena. Only you are qualified to make that decision. Check the GPS forum and use the Vanns site for comparisons.

(Anyway, I'm gettin a Meridian Color, so NYAAA to the Garmin set.)

Sn B):unsure: gans