Deleting Waypoints From Magellan GPS

I have a Magellan GPS and have found no way of deleting old waypoints from a pocket query from my GPS without deleting them individually. Is there a way to be able to delete by catagory of downloaded waypoints such as on a Garmin Legend? It seems very time consuming to delete each waypoint one by one to make room for the new pocket query that I have run several times each week.

I have a Garmin Legend also as mentioned above and find it very user friendly to be able to delete by icon (each downloaded waypoint) in a batch and not individually and then just download the new batch of waypoints from the query. Maybe I am doing something wrong, I don''t know??? Thanks for your time and help on this question.

You will have to save all your waypoints to the computer, then goto setup menu, and clear all waypoints, then reload your important ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you can get a Meridian, and an SD memory card and save a few waypoint files on it.

example files:

Family.wpt

Friends.wpt

Vacation.wpt

Geocache.wpt

Bussines.wpt

When you save all your waypoints to the SD memory card, it can be a mess, but you can learn to create good waypoint files on a Meridian, like a file cabinet. You can also save many tracklogs to the SD memory card in the meridian too.

Edited by GOT GPS?

>>>>>>>>I have a Magellan GPS and have found no way of deleting old waypoints from a pocket query from my GPS without deleting them individually. Is there a way to be able to delete by catagory of downloaded waypoints such as on a Garmin Legend? It seems very time consuming to delete each waypoint one by one to make room for the new pocket query that I have run several times each week. >>>>>>>

I have tried the suggestions to import waypoints to easy GPS- delete them - then export back. Does not work to delete a batch of waypoints in the GPS itself.

Seems that the GPS and the computer interface, but not at the same time. When the waypoints go into Easy GPS they still remain in the Magellan and deleting them in easy GPS only, well, deletes them in Easy GPS.

What I want to do is delete them en mass from the Magellan. As of now the only way to dlete waypoints in the Magellan is one by one by one.

I have tried the suggestions to import waypoints to easy GPS- delete them - then export back. Does not work to delete a batch of waypoints in the GPS itself.

Seems that the GPS and the computer interface, but not at the same time. When the waypoints go into Easy GPS they still remain in the Magellan and deleting them in easy GPS only, well, deletes them in Easy GPS.

What I want to do is delete them en mass from the Magellan. As of now the only way to dlete waypoints in the Magellan is one by one by one.

It's not that hard at all.......

Connect your Magellan to your computer. Download your wp's to EasyGPS. Delete ALL your wp's on your Magellan. Highlight and cut all the ones you don't want from the list in EasyGPS. Upload remainder to Magellan.

Aside from the time it takes to figure what ones you want in EasyGPS it should take you all of about 5 minutes to do that.

I do it all the time.... :huh:

Thanks Dusty Jacket for such a quick reply.

However that option doesn't seem to exist for easy GPS. No ability to delete GPS waypoints in the Magellan. Can only send/recieve waypoints and routes between Easy GPS and my Magellan.

I already recieved waypoints into Easy GPS and then deleted them and then resent (nothing) back to Magellan, but the waypoints in the Magellan were still there through the whole operation.

He didn't know how to delete ALL waypoints from his Magellan.

He says EasyGPS won't do it, so I posted how to do it from the Magellan menu.

other than that, I said what you said.

Now we just need treemoss2 to do what we said and quit wasting time....ehehee..

Get those dang wp's loaded into EasyGPS, delete them from your GPSr then reload.

Isn't that what you just said DustyJacket (why don't you shake it off.... :huh: )

menu ==> Setup ==> Clear Memory

This is what worked. Sorry for being such a knobhead here.

The Easy GPS is not even a factor in deleting the waypoints IN THE MAGELLAN.

God, one thing down.

I hope the Cache Couple who posted the question originally gets this info too.

Thanks much to all of you and your keen (and kind) minds.

Thanks much to all of you and your keen (and kind) minds.

Not a problem for sure. We all try to help but sometimes when we have done it a jillion times it's hard to remember that others are not as experienced. Thing is don't be afraid to ask. And if you get an answer that you don't quite feel comfortable with ASK AGAIN. :huh:

I always read the manual the very last thing. Then I find it's not in there. :D

The Easy GPS is not even a factor in deleting the waypoints IN THE MAGELLAN.

If you pay for ExpertGPS, you'll get:

-The ability to clear waypoints or tracks or routes from your GPS (3 clicks on a menu)

-See your waypoints on topo maps or aerial photos (then select specific waypoints to send to your GPS)

Oh yes! I am definitely moving forward here.

I have learned how to download queries and see them in EasyGPS.

I have learned how to get my queries into my cachemate on my PDA.

I have learned how to get my waypoints from EasyGPS into my topo on my computer.

I can download the maps per pocket topo into my PDA, but they do not have the waypoints that are on the same map on the computer. So I have the topo on the PDA, but without the waypoints.

I cannot seem to get multiple queries defined seperate when downloaded into cachemate on PDA.

I.E. Query name "Boston

Query named "Memphis

When downloaded I just get a continuous list that has both of the above and thus are not grouped "Boston", "Memphis" as are the queries even when downloaded seprately.

Suppose I am traveling to both Boston and Memphis. It seems I could not have two seperate listings on cachemate on PDA. All the waypoints for Boston and Memphis would be merged into one file on the PDA.

Is this the way it is?

:(

Another way to delete waypoints, if you have a Magellan mapping program load the waypoints to the mapping program, delete the ones you don't want then reload to the gps. As per caching waypoints I usually delete them on the way back to the truck, just a few clicks and they're gone :D makes for less clutter on a multi caching days

Another way to delete waypoints, if you have a Magellan mapping program load the waypoints to the mapping program, delete the ones you don't want then reload to the gps.

I suggested doing that with EasyGPS. I usually delete them on the way to another one too. Or I just wait till I get home, load everything into EasyGPS, delete out what I don't want then reload. Either way it's painless. :)